Health Authority of Abu Dhabi
Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD), UAE
HAAD is a local Government body in Abu-Dhabi that was established in 2001 to achieve several goals in the Emirate, mainly:
- Establish Health Care standards in Abu-Dhabi Emirate
- Overlooking Hospitals and Clinics operations
- Promote Public Awareness and Healthcare issues in the community
- Evaluate and oversee future contrac
- s awarded to Hospital Management companies
- Provide training to National Staff
Prepare plans for future needs of healthcare in Abu-Dhabi
The standard work week is Saturday to Wednesday 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
There is no Income Tax in UAE; therefore NO TAXES are deducted from your paycheck. Please contact your local Tax Agency/ Office for more details to know how to go about it in your own country when you return from your overseas assignment.
In addition, the GAHS is starting a Primary Care Program for the Emirate. This program will design a comprehensive and integrated Family Medicine Model of care and provide the service to the population of Abu-Dhabi. It also includes:
- Upgraded services in Primary Care centers and set-up of Home Care program
- Training general practitioners in concept and practice of Family Medicine
- Follow-up with patients attending PHC's and registered Home Care patients
- Coordination of clinical activities in Home Care Programs
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs
- Developing standards, procedures and protocols
- Facilitating patients' education
- Supervising nurses on home care team
Employees will receive a monthly transportation allowance. They can choose how to spend it themselves based on what suits their lifestyle (purchase a vehicle, lease a car, or use taxies, etc).
Employees will receive a housing allowance. Upper limit is decided based on position and grade.
Contract and Benefits Information
- 2 year Contract, renewable
- Tax free income
- Accommodations Provided (Villa/House leased annually; see "Housing" above)
- Furnishing Provided (Allowance to buy own furniture)
- Education up to 3 children between 5 to 18 years of age (if on Married Contract)
- Travel airfares for self and family (if on Married Contract)
- Forty or forty five (40/45) days annual paid (calendar days) vacation
- Free Medical Care
- End of Service Award - one month's pay for each year completed (up to first 3 years); one and a half months' pay for each year thereafter.
Recreation Services for Employees
Abu-Dhabi is a "happening place". Although GAHS does not provide recreational activities AT THIS POINT AND TIME IT IS UNDER REVIEW AND A PACKAGE HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER FOR APPROVAL. Abu-Dhabi has a lot to offer: Beaches, diving, social life, entertainment, etc.