King Abdulaziz Medical City - Riyadh
National Guard Health Affairs
This hospital, which has a 1025-bed capacity, is based in the Central Region of Saudi Arabia. The facility includes new state-of-the art developments such as Cardiac and Liver Center; 21 bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU); Dental, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care, Long Term Care/ Rehabilitation, Emergency Care and Trauma Centers. Other adult and pediatric services provided include: Surgical and Medical wards, Obstetrics and Gynecology (Labor and Delivery, Oncology, Antenatal and Post Partum wards); Pediatric Oncology and Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU, Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Care Center, Home Health Care Program, VIP Wards, Royal Suite, College of Medicine and Nursing College.
The Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG) provides health care of the National Guard forces, their dependents, civilian employees and their dependents.
SANG hospitals are located in the three major population centers: Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dhahran/Dammam. SANG hospitals employ approximately 40% Western qualified medical staff and are operated to Western standards. The hospitals provide mainly primary care, but offer tertiary care services as well. These hospitals are fully equipped with highly sophisticated technology. They perform major surgeries and accredited by JCIA
Employment contracts are for either one or two years, at the employee's option, and are very often renewable.
The standard work week in Saudi Arabia is 42.5 hours. The number of hours in a shift vary somewhat from department to department but generally do not exceed 10 hours. The standard work week is Saturday through Wednesday.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia does not have an income tax. Therefore, not taxes are deducted from an employee's paycheck. The U.S. Internal revenue Service can provide information concerning income tax liability while living outside the United States.
Message to All Potential Recruits
Working and living in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can be both difficult and frustrating at times, particularly for females. Working hours are long, communications can be difficult and most newcomers will experience a degree of culture shock. It is essential to come equipped with an open mind, a sense of humour, and a positive attitude. You must be prepared to give yourself time to assimilate to the new culture, the new environment and to give yourself time to make new friends.
The financial rewards of working in a country with no taxation whatsoever are well known and the advantages of free accommodation and utilities should be acknowledged.
Working in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will permit rare insight into the customs, culture and traditions of a very private, very conservative people.
Lifestyle restrictions are mitigated by the comfort of living in a safe, stable environment where crime is rare and offenders brought to swift and sure justice.
All new staff will be given full orientation to the hospital and the culture and will have the opportunity to attend a basic Arabic Language course.
Working in The Kingdom will prove to be an unforgettable experience where new friends are made and new challenges met. We look forward to having you with us.
Working in Saudi Arabia offers a unique opportunity to work with a multicultural group of skilled and devoted professionals. Nursing services currently have approximately 3, 000 Nursing and non-Nursing positions comprising personnel from over 44 different nationality bases across the globe. This nationality multiplicity reflects the diversity in culture and clinical skills within nursing services. Joint Commission International (JCI) standards of care and practice have been adopted as the unifying standard.
Hospital's culture promotes a distinguished positive working environment of life long learning for nurses, students, and other health care providers, focusing on continuous quality initiatives, evidence based practice and research. As a result there are many resources available to our nurses in terms of `on the floor' support. Each specialty area has its own Clinical Resource Nurse who is employed especially to support and facilitate staff learning and skill building. We are committed to career advancement, recruitment and retention of expert resources, and promotion of state of the art technology and nursing informatics.
We strive to establish and maintain dynamic academic settings that lead to the most attractive career opportunities in nursing by providing a broad range of educational programs e.g.
- BLS, PALS, ACLS, PHTLS, ATLS, ATCN, FCCS, and Disaster Management... these courses are internationally certified. They are taken through the Post Graduate Training Center, for a price (approx 50 pounds sterling).
- Within Nursing Education we offer several courses free of charge... preceptorship, teaching and assessing nursing students, haemodynamics, and the Emergency Nursing Certificate - the latter at diploma / Bachelor's / Master's level - these are all credited by California Nursing Board. South Bank and the Saudi Council as well as our own University will pick up the Emergency Nursing Course.
- A yearlong diploma in nursing and education management - which our employees can access, for a price.
- We also offer Monash Masters in Nursing - modular series, and the nurses pay for each module
Contracts are for one year, with a sign on bonus equivalent to one-month salary if you re-contract. Other benefits include:
- Tax Free Salary (every thing in KSA is tax free)
- Able to Save the Majority of Your Salary
- Yearly Service Award (Re-contracting Bonus)
- Provision of Furnished Housing
- Yearly Round Trip ticket to Point of Hire
- Free Medical Coverage
- Opportunity to Travel (Europe, Fareast and Africa)
- Single contract /Married contract
- Some of the positions with a Family Contract (Accompanied Status) up to 3 eligible dependents, one of whom is a spouse
- Education Allowances for Married contract (2 eligible dependents only, 6-18 years of age)SR23,000 each eligible dependent per school year, subject to submission of school invoices
- Annual round-trip ticket to Riyadh directly from the location of the school outside the Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
- Housing Accommodation
- Transportation Services
- Free mobilization and de-mobilization flights to and from point of origin.
- Baggage allowance
- 30 days of Annual Leave per year ( 2.5 days per month of service, to be utilized by the employee after 6 months of service)
- Holiday Leave per year ( 5 Days Eid Al Fitr, 5 Days Hajj and 1 Day Saudi National Day)
- Mid year Benefit (Ticket and 10 days post leave)
- Entitle for the Overtime Pay (Rate per hour * 150%)
- Saudi Service Award (Consisting of One-half months basic salary for each of the first five years of service and one month basic salary for each year of services thereafter)
- Annual vacation air tickets to point of origin (on contract renewal)
- Uniform & laundry
- Recreation Services
- Medical library/ Internet access
- Telephone access code for personal national and international phone calls (Charges are part of salary deductions)
- 12 month contracts (renewable)
- Merit increase upon renewal of contract, maximum of 6%
- Availability of on Job training & courses
- Availability of Promotion & Transfer
Location and Size
The Hospital is located east of Riyadh (just off the highway) approximately 25 kilometers from the city center and is easily accessible to the general population as well as to accident victims requiring immediate emergency care. The hospital project includes two Medical Cities which provide housing and support for the hospital staff.
The services of the hospital are at a high level of professional standards as defined by the standards of the United States Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) and the Hospital Operation Standards. SANG requires that the quality of services rendered and the general operating standards of the hospital project continue to meet JCAHO standards and the Hospital Operations Standards.
In addition to providing excellent care for patients, the SANG hospital trains appropriately education Saudi nationals for administrative, professional and technical positions.
The hospital project contains facilities for a full range of acute, tertiary, secondary and primary patient care services for both inpatients and outpatients.
Surgical services account for approximately half of the total number of beds, and include general surgery, renal, kidney transplants, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopaedics and Oral Surgery.
Other services include a very active Maternal-Child department, ICU, Haemodialysis, Short-Stay surgery, Burn Unit and Cardiac Cath. Lab.
Inpatient nursing units are in general 25 to 30 beds each. Due to the single story arrangement, nursing units are clustered around a series of courtyards, each of which has been attractively landscaped.
The hospital has twelve primary and one secondary clinics which are located in the Air National Guard housing city approximately 10 kilometers south of the hospital.
Staff recreation services offer a variety of leisure time activities for you, including… a fully equipped gym, swimming (Olympic size pool), squash, tennis, softball, soccer, basketball, movies, planned social events and trips to the desert. We have an Internet cafe on site and lots more activities are also available on a regular basis (we receive a monthly schedule of daily trips to shops, souks etc…).
Hash walking is also very popular in Saudi Arabia and there are many organized groups who partake in this activity.
Many people also take advantage of the chance to learn something new whether it is scuba diving (don’t forget we have the red sea in Jeddah, which is famous for it’s fabulous underwater coral and reefs), golf or horseback riding!
We also have a coffee shop and restaurant on site, a jewelry store, carpet shop and a supermarket, a dress-makers and a dry-cleaning service (for your convenience).
Eating out remains a very popular pastime within the Kingdom and as such there is a wide range of restaurants in the cities; serving traditional Lebanese, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, French, American and British style dishes. If you are only looking for a quick snack you can normally find a fast-food outlet around any corner, including; McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Starbucks and many others.
Cinemas, discos, dancing halls and bars are not allowed within the Kingdom, however, there are many social events organized by expatriates within their given compounds and the local Embassies also provide many major social events, including Cultural events and Sports-Nite’s. We do recommend you register with your local Embassy.
Living in Saudi Arabia offers fabulous holiday and travel opportunities. There are many fascinating trips that are organized through either the recreational centre on the compound or through other expatriate groups. Saudi itself has some great sights. For example the AlDeriah ruins - which are the original city of Riyadh (about 500 years old), the Red Sands where the dunes are as high as 30 meters. Dubai and Bahrain are common choices for a weekend away! In close proximity to Saudi Arabia are a number of excellent vacation spots, including Jordan, Cyprus, Turkey and Egypt, Greece and a number of Gulf State countries. These are very popular destinations, which are inexpensive, and flights and accommodation are easily organized within the Kingdom.
It is important to note that women are not allowed to drive in Riyadh. KAMC provides a taxi service, which is inexpensive.
Shopping in Riyadh is typical of most major cities throughout the world except for the wonderful ancient souks. These traditional markets remain an important feature of shopping and have on offer an amazing range of goods from fresh fruit and vegetables, the most beautiful carpets and wood work to stunning jewelry in gold and silver.
There are also several world-class shopping centers in Riyadh and Jeddah, which have a wide range of shops offering wonderful clothes, shoes, jewelry, gifts and literally anything else you may want to buy!
The majority of UK High Street stores all have shops in Riyadh and Jeddah, including Harvey Nicols, Marks and Spencers, Oasis, Topshop, Next, River Island, Debenhams!
We also have Sax Fifth Avenue – sales are twice a year and designer gear can be purchased for a steal, with discounts up to 75%!
When shopping women must wear the traditional black cloak known as an Abaya, we also advise carrying a head scarf… in respect to the culture.
Shuttle buses operate at 10-15 minutes intervals between housing projects and the hospital. During change of shift hours buses run approximately every 5 minutes for continuous service.
There are several shopping buses to the city of Riyadh each day.
School children are transported to and fro school each day. In addition to regular school hours, transportation is provided from school to home for children who are involved in extra curricular activities.
SANG has subcontracted with a limousine service to provide employees with transportation that cannot otherwise be provided. The service is available at a very low cost per kilometer and has cars/mini buses available for individual employees.
Known for its spacious and high quality housing, employees at KFH (and their dependents if applicable) will be assigned to one of two housing projects: Medical City or Medical City Extension. Both housing projects have comparable facilities and are but a few minutes drive (some employees even walk) from the hospital Medical City is wired for 110 volts. Medical City Extension is wired for both 110 and 220.
- Administrative Assistant lWithin the mission, vision, and value of the Saudi Arabian national Guard – Health Affaira, to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the department, ensuring that all administrative operations are carried out in accordance with hospital / departmental policies and proceduresRead MoreApply Now
- Assistant Director - Quallty ManagementWithin the mission, vision and values of the Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs, provide strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of Quality Improvement (QI) programs in the organization. Responsible for establishing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the quality system and team that promotes patient satisfaction and positively impacts on the organizations performance. Oversee the operational, critical and compliance aspects of QI and cliampion continuous improvement efforts and adverse events reduction initiatives in order to establish an effective Quality Management Systems.Read MoreApply Now
- Clinical Resource Nurse – IV TherapyWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, provides unit-based skills assessment and development for nursing personnel, nursing students, interns and residents with a clinical specialty.Read MoreApply Now
- Computed Tomography Technologist IWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, operate the Computed Tomography (CT) Scan equipment to perform Computed Tomography (CT) Scan procedures with highest quality standards and assist in supervising and Organizing the Section of CT Scan.Read MoreApply Now
- Computed Tomography Technologist IIWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, under general direction operate the Computed Tumography (CT) Scan equipment to perform Computed Tumography (CT) Scan procedures with highest quality standards.Read MoreApply Now
- Consultant - Ophthalmology SurgeryWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, to provide patient care; education and training of Associate Consultants and Assistant Consultants, Medicine Residents, National Guard physicians; supervise clinics, research; self-education; and participate in on-call for Department of Surgery.Read MoreApply Now
- Consultant - Surgery (Urology)Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, to provide patient care; education and training of Associate Consultants and Assistant Consultants, Medicine Residents, National Guard physicians; supervise clinics, research; self-education; and participate in on-call for Department of Surgery.Read MoreApply Now
- Consultant Infectious DiseasesWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, to provide patient care; education and training of Associate Consultants and Assistant Consultants, Medicine Residents, National Guard Physicians, supervise clinics, research; self-education; and participate in on-call for Division of Infectious Diseases and the Department of Medicine Read MoreApply Now
- Consultant Physical Medicine & RehabilitationWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, to provide patient care; education and training of Associate Consultants and Assistant Consultants, Medicine Residents, National Guard physicians; supervise clinics, research; self-education; and participate in on-call for Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.Read MoreApply Now
- Data Manager (Oncology)Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, to oversee collection and reporting of complex, related clinical information and interprets them, including statistical values, and provides advice and consultation regarding implications and make recommendations as necessary. Conducts needs assessments, designs and creates databases and participates in testing and implementation of new applications or enhancements to existing systems.Read MoreApply Now
- Director of NursingWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Huard-Health Affairs and Division of Nursing Services and in collaboration with other hospital departments, assumes 24-hour accountability in providing an operational leadership role in the overall coordination of nursing units.Read MoreApply Now
- Director of Nursing (Deputy Associate Executive Director - Nursing Services)Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Huard-Health Affairs, the Deputy Associate Executive Director, Nursing Services assumes 24 hours accountability for leadership and coordination of an organizational entity within Nursing Services in collaboration with other hospital departments. Responsible for and co-administers the managerial functions of objective setting, planning, staffing and directing activities of the organizational entity for which is accountable. Read MoreApply Now
- Medical PhysicistWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, responsible for ensuring implementation of radiation safety protocols, quality assurance and improvement in radiology, coordination of CPD and supervision of work of radiology staff in FMPHC.Read MoreApply Now
- MRI Technologist IWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, operate the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment to perform MRI procedures with highest quality standards and assist in supervising and Organizing the MRI Section.Read MoreApply Now
- MRI Technologist IIWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, under general direction, operate the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment to perform MRI procedures with highest quality standards.Read MoreApply Now
- Nurse Manager, Adult Critical CareWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, assumes 24 hour accountability for overall management and for delivery of quality nursing care to achieve optimal patient outcomes.Read MoreApply Now
- Nurse Manager, Cardiac ORWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, assumes 24 hour accountability for overall management and for delivery of quality nursing care to achieve optimal patient outcomes.Read MoreApply Now
- Nurse Specialist, Infection ControlWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services and in close collaboration with medical and other healthcare team members demonstrates advance nursing knowledge and applies this knowledge to the assessment diagnosis, delivery and design of nursing care and interventions for a specific patient population or service speciality. Function under a collaborative management model where Medicine and nursing jointly participate in decisions.Read MoreApply Now
- Nurse Supervisor, Labour & DeliveryWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, assumes 24 hour accountability for delivery of quality nursing care and overall unit management to achieve optimal patient outcomes.Read MoreApply Now
- Quality AnalystAssumes responsibility for supporting the organization wide provision of quality under the direction of the Quality Resource Management Director Read MoreApply Now
- Quality Management SpecialistWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, the Quality Department is responsible for ensuring that King Abdulaziz Medical City – Central Region (KAMC-CR) receives ongoing accreditation by the Joint Commission Internal Accreditation and for the implementation of Quality Improvement and Continuous Improvement initiatives with this objective in mind. The attainment of JCI Accreditation has been very important for NGHA and the Quality Department and represents a new phase for KAMC-CR in terms of continuous improvement for systems, processes and, in particular, the quality of patient care. It is significant achievement for NGHA and places quality firmly in the forefront of KAMC-CR ongoing objectives. Within this context, the Quality Management Specialist, in conjunction with the Director – Quality Management Department, is responsible for ensuring that ongoing accreditation is attained and that all documentation relating to ongoing accreditation is in place, up to date and available for auditing by the JCI Accreditation; the implementation and support of new quality initiatives are vital in this regard. Read MoreApply Now
- Radiation Therapist IIWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, under direct supervision of a senior Radiation Therapist, plan and administer radiation treatments to cancer and non-cancer patients. Assist in monitoring the patient’s physical condition to determine if any adverse side effects are taking place. Maintain a positive attitude and provide emotional support to patients.Read MoreApply Now
- Safety SpecialistWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, the Safety Specialist manages, organizes, directs and controls all works and elements of the organization as required for the department of Safety Management and to provide administrative and technical support for daily operational requirements. Responsible for the optimal utilization of available resources and providing leadership, guidance, support, direction, supervision and effective management for the Safety Management Department with compliance of quality and safety standards of NGHA and JCI that ensures the work environment is free from foreseeable safety risks. The Safety Specialist is authorized to stop work that is deemed to be unsafe or to pose a risk to the health and safety of employees, patients and/or members of the public until such a time as necessary safety standards are complied with.Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Medical PhysicistWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, apply physics and technical skills to the practice of medicine in three main areas: nuclear medicine, diagnostic radiology and non-ionising radiations, to help prevent, diagnose many kinds of diseases and health conditions. Have a central role in developing, planning and implementing image quality; develop, test and evaluate specialist equipment and procedures to benefit patient health. May also be involved in radiation protection activities. Read MoreApply Now
- Staff Nurse (Obstetrics)Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, provide total nursing care for assigned patients and assumes a leadership role when required. Rotates day and night shift to meet patient care requirements.Read MoreApply Now
- Staff Nurse (Oncology & Palliative Care for Adult / Pediatric)Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, provide total nursing care for assigned patients and assumes a leadership role when required. Rotates day and night shift to meet patient care requirements.Read MoreApply Now
- Tumor Registry Technician IWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, identify, register, and maintains a database of patients with cancer, utilizing a cancer registry data system. Undertake data collection, editing, special studies, follow-up or quality assurance. Analysis data and disseminates information at local and national level within guidelines ensuring conformity of data.Read MoreApply Now
- Ultrasound Technologist IWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, perform a variety of specialized diagnostic ultrasound examinations utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of anatomical abnormalities. Consistently provide supervision and instruction to junior ultrasound technologist, coordinate execution of daily medical imaging department activities to ensure the organization maintains the highest quality standards.Read MoreApply Now
- Ultrasound Technologist IIWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs, under general direction perform a variety of specialized diagnostic ultrasound examinations utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of anatomical abnormalities with highest quality standards.Read MoreApply Now