King Abdullah Specialist Children Hospital
National Guard Health Affairs
The first Specialized Children Hospital in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will provide concentrated pediatric care. Occupying 192,000m2, over 10 storeys, with a total bed capacity of 552. The design of the Hospital has enabled the creation of a four floor podium construct, with three towers rising from the podium, accommodating all inpatient beds, intensive care units, play areas and family resource facilities.
There are 32 ward Department areas which will incorporate:
- Paediatric Medicine & Surgery - 276 beds, including Sleep Study and Epilepsy Monitoring
- Oncology, Haematology and Radiation Oncology - 153 beds
- Organ Transplant Surgery - 72beds
- Intensive Care - 62beds, including Burns
VIP - 6 suites and 12 beds are available within total bed compliment.
All patient rooms are single occupancy with en-suite facilities and sofa bed for parents / relatives.
Each Paediatric ward has dedicated classrooms and playroom facilities.
There are as well dedicated Paediatric Emergency / Trauma and Day Care facilities:
- Paediatric Emergency and - 60 beds, Trauma / Orthopaedic Services
- Paediatric Day Care - 60 beds, including Surgery, Medicine, Endoscopy and Infusion
The Hospital will provide comprehensive tri-modality cancer treatments, in terms of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy - related Cyclotron is located directly on Hospital campus.
There are 14 Operating Rooms where a full range of emergency and elective surgeries (including organ transplant) can be undertaken.
Other onsite clinical services include:
- Endoscopy, Peritoneal Dialysis, Haemodialysis, Neurology, Neurophysiology, Pain Management, Medical Imaging, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Respiratory, Dietetics, Rehabilitation
Dedicated Clinical Specialty Ambulatory Clinics are provided so as to enable necessary periodic assessment and treatment of attending patients.
As an Academic Teaching hospital there are On-site Conference Rooms, Lecture Halls and Library facilities.
Phased opening of KASCH will commence in 2015, comprising a transfer of existing Paediatric services and a 30% service expansion to ensure necessary clinical capacity and capability appropriately matches demand.
This first phase is planned to be effected (before summer in April 2015) – to be agreed.
- Staff Nurse Homecare PediatricsWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, provide total nursing care for assigned patients and assumes a leadership role when required. Rotates day and night shift to meet patient care requirements.Read MoreApply Now
- Staff Nurse I, Home Health CareWithin the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard – Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing Services, provide total nursing care for assigned patients and assumes a leadership role when required. Rotates day and night shift to meet patient care requirementsRead MoreApply Now