Ministry of Public Health (Formerly Supreme Council of Health) - State of Qatar
The Ministry of Public Health serves to improve the health of the population of Qatar with its many advanced protection, promotion, prevention, diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation services. The Ministry of Public Health aims to create health policies that protect and promote better health, in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century and the needs of the fast growing population of Qatar. Health care is provided for all patients irrespective of nationality, and the Government is pledged to provide “health for all”. The MoPH is responsible for components of public health such as disease survey, prevention & control, food safety, health promotion, laboratory services and information & vital statistics among others.
The health service in Qatar is based on the three elements of any developed health system in the world: public health, primary care and hospital services. The MoPH plays a role in each of these components by providing and gathering vital information, providing continued education / professional development for healthcare providers, monitoring licensing of healthcare professionals and overseeing hospital programs and services. Not only do they provide services to the public, they also help professionals with registration and accreditation. The departments of Pharmacy & Drug Control, Public Health, Finance & eHealth and the various teams / divisions within them are just some examples of the mechanisms which contribute to this multi-faceted and advanced organization; bringing hospitals, professionals, policy makers and researchers together in order to enhance resources and effectively use technology to improve the lives of Qataris.
Examples of Services for Public:
Examples of Services to Health Professionals:
Examples of Other Health Services:
The MoPH's National Health Strategy for Qatar has three major themes:
- Changing Qatar’s healthcare focus from illness ‘treating’ to illness ‘preventing’ and improving people’s health and fitness so they are less likely to become unwell, and if they do need treatment, providing the right care, in the right place at the right time.
- Creating effective and affordable services for all of the people of Qatar.
- Integrating high quality research and continuing professional development into all areas of care delivery, in line with the health priorities of Qatar.
- Accreditation CoordinatorThe Accreditation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the technical and administrative functions related to the Accreditation Department, Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP-AD).Read MoreApply Now
- Clinical Trial Inspector The clinical trial inspector oversee performance of clinical trial research projects, to ensure compliance with ethical guidelines, study protocol and in accordance with MOPH policies and guidelines, scope of work; identify areas of concern and escalate to the Division Manager with suggestions as appropriate. Read MoreApply Now
- Consultant - Occupational and Environmental Medicine Heading / supervising the System Governance Team of the Occupational Health (OH) Section of the Health Promotion and Non-communicable Diseases Division of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), the OH Policy Analyst will provide guidance and support to all Occupational Health (OH) Section staff in all aspects of policy development and for the strategic and operational planning of the Section’s projects and activities. S/He will lead the processes related to the definition of OH related policies and strategies, the development of annual work plans, and the evaluation of progress with the implementation of these work plans. Depending on the availability and work-load of the Section head / national coordinator and internal arrangements, the OH Policy Analyst may also represent the OH Section of the MoPH at National level stakeholder meetings Read MoreApply Now
- Director - Planning & QualityThe job holder is responsible to manage the execution of MoPH Corporate Plan along with the planning and development of strategy whilst ensuring coordination and alignment with all relevant stakeholder in MoPHRead MoreApply Now
- Director of E-Health The Director of E-Health is accountable for leading the execution of the national E-Health Strategy and managing the development of the E-Health department within the MOPH. He/ she will lead the operational support, liaise with the National E-Health Board and participate in board meetings. He/she will provide leadership for all E-Health Divisions’ Heads that assist stakeholders in executing, adopting, maintaining and establishing E-Health national initiatives and solutions.Read MoreApply Now
- Head of Compliance and EnforcementThe Head of Compliance and Enforcement will occupy a senior role with significant regulatory responsibilities, and will have to lead a team in making evidence-based and rules-driven decisions, while also exercising judgment based on prior experience and insight into both health regulation in general, and the health system in the state of Qatar. The Head of Compliance and Enforcement will be responsible for the oversight, quality assurance and approval of all work that takes place within the CET. The Head will be the Senior Responsible Officer for the CET, held accountable by the Head of Health Insurance Regulation for its performance and the quality of its work. The Head of Compliance and Enforcement will also have significant team administration responsibilities. These responsibilities will include but not be limited to preparing the proposed budget for the CET performance managing and training team members, developing, recording and assessing team performance using KPIs and other performance measures, and developing team strategic plans and submissions into the SHISR annual plan. Read MoreApply Now
- Head of Health Insurance RegistrationThe Head of Health Insurance Registration is one of the key senior management positions in the new National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in the Health Insurance Department (HID). The Head will work directly with other Heads of Sections, and will advise and report directly to the Director of the HID, who oversees the NHIS. On an ongoing basis the Head of Health Insurance Registration will also be responsible for planning and implementing any changes to the registration process of the NHIS required by Law, Regulations, Ministerial Decision or policy priority. The Head of Health Insurance Registration will also be expected to sit on expert panels when required, attend and present at public events, engage with colleagues from across the MOPH, and undertake strategic projects in partnership with other department heads within the HID. Read MoreApply Now
- Head of Regulatory OperationsThe Head of Regulatory Operations will occupy a senior role with significant regulatory responsibilities, and will have to lead a team in making evidence-based and rules-driven decisions, while also exercising judgment based on prior experience and insight into both health regulations in general, and the health system in the state of Qatar. The Head will be expected to fulfill these duties with passion, commitment and professionalism. The Head of Regulatory Operations will have a diverse portfolio of responsibilities, all related to the key objective of ensuring that the SHISR performs effectively and efficiently, and in a manner with is consistent with its legal powers, administrative mandate, vision and mission. This will involve directing and overseeing the work of the Regulatory Operations Team (ROT). The Head of Regulatory Operations will also have significant team administration responsibilities. These responsibilities will include but not be limited to preparing the proposed budget for the ROT, performance managing and training team members, developing, recording and assessing team performance using KPIs and other performance measures, and developing team strategic plans and submissions into the SHISR annual plan. Read MoreApply Now
- Monitoring Evaluation SpecialistThe job holder is responsible to collect and analyse Scorecards KPIs to determine whether current performance meets strategic objectives.Read MoreApply Now
- Nutrition CoordinatorThe Nutrition Coordinator implements the objectives, intended outputs and activities in relation to Nutrition as stated in the Action Plan of the National Nutrition and Physical Activity Programme.Read MoreApply Now
- Occupational Medicine Specialist Assist in the development of effective regulatory policies and provide support with implementation of occupational health regulatory framework. Provide guidance and support to all Occupational Health (OH) Section staff in all aspects of policy development and for the strategic and operational planning of the Section’s projects and activities. Read MoreApply Now
- Planning & Quality SpecialistThe job holder is responsible to develop, refresh and update the MoPH corporate Plan, and oversee its execution to determine whether current performance meets corporate objectives Read MoreApply Now
- Project Coordinator (National Diabetes Strategy Implementation Team)Project Coordinator with assist the Project Manager and Executive Director to support implementation of the Qatar National Diabetes Strategy. The Program manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. Project Coordinator with assist the Project Manager and Executive Director for managing information, exchange and interaction between the national diabetes committee, its subcommittees and other NHS committees and subcommittees supporting the National Health Strategy in Qatar. Read MoreApply Now
- Public Health Specialist (EPI Section / HP & CDC Department) The holder of this position is involved in the planning, development, and implementation of communicable disease control and prevention programs and activities, including immunization services and consultation, investigations, training and counselling that will facilitate the delivery of targeted local public health programs to address community. The position holder will provide national public health standards reflecting international standards for children, individuals, groups and communities to improve health and well-being. The job holder is also involved in the delivery and implementation of expanded program on immunization and vaccines preventable-diseases activities.Read MoreApply Now
- Research Compliance ConsultantThe Manager will administer multiple activities associated with research compliance and integrity policies. He/she will oversee all ongoing MOPH activities related to creating and/or revising MOPH research compliance policies and regulations. He/she will provide high level analytical support to the MOPH, research committees and research investigators concerning ethically and scientifically research involving human subjects. He/she will manage and implement the MOPH Research Assurance and Central Institutional Review Board regulationsRead MoreApply Now
- Senior Finance Strategy SpecialistThe Senior Finance Strategy Specialist will work closely with other members of the HID to monitor the internal performance of the National Health and Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and develop its finance strategy. They are responsible for the effective development and implementation of the finance strategic planning for the HID and the NHIS in general. They will develop research and policy to address any trends and issues facing the NHIS which impacts its ability to deliver against its strategy. They will play a key role in, and be responsible for production of the content relating to financial system design and annual reviews of the market. Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Health Information SpecialistThis role is responsible for provision of a senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the Health Information System in accordance with the Minimum Data Set (MDS) in consultation with the Compliance and Enforcement Section of the Health Financing and Insurance Department (HFID), in addition to analytics and reporting. This role also includes reviewing and providing management consultation in approving high-level strategies and direction for provider networks, systems solutions proposed by the IT personnel and vendors. The role also has the responsibility includes monitoring function of the provider network to ensure accuracy of provided information. This incumbent will primarily be responsible for Building the health data strategy and capabilities of HFID. The successful candidate will bring extensive experience in setting up health information system and building good relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholder. Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Legal SpecialistThe Senior Legal Specialist will be required to work with members of all teams within the Health Insurance Department (HID) to Oversee all legal services pertaining to the activities of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) including the drafting of all legal documents issued by the HID. They will be required to work in a highly challenging environment and demonstrate an ability to advise on policy, compliance and legal matters relating to the NHIS. The Senior Legal Specialist will provide legal advice in the form of written and verbal advice in the development of policy, review of regulatory documents and procedures that are developed by the heads of all Sections of the HID. They will also be required to produce clear, coherent and concise documents highlighting legal opinion across all areas health insurance as and when required. They will also be required to advise specific teams on matters of interest such as Health Insurance registration, Health insurance Compliance and Regulatory Operations to include disputes and appeals. Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Policy and Regulation Specialist The Senior Policy and Regulation Specialist reports to the Head of Regulatory Operations of the Health Financing and Insurance Department (HFID) and is responsible for the development and implementation of all aspects of the Social Health Insurance (SHI) Scheme through development, implementation and enforcement of policies and regulations related to the Scheme . Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Regulatory Finance SpecialistThe Senior Regulatory Finance Specialist is responsible for the effective development, refinement and implementation of matters relating to National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), such as but not limited to budgetary monitoring, financial planning, and national fee schedule and tracking allocation of resources. They will be responsible for leading and developing the financial solutions to system wide patterns and behaviours identified in regular analysis of relevant data sources. They will liaise with other team members to address and trends and issues relating to financial matters. They will play a key role in, and be responsible for production of content relating to system finance around annual reviews, market reviews and approaches to market conditions. The Senior Regulatory Finance Specialist will be well versed in working with large, complex financial datasets and be responsible for working with and directing the Data Analysis Officer on analysing the Minimum Data Set on a weekly and monthly basis.Read MoreApply Now