OPHTHALMOLOGIST, with RETINA EXPOSURE at KFSH&RC JEDDAH
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center (KFSH&RC), ranking #1 in the region, is a state-of-the-art 500 bed tertiary care facility located in the heart of Jeddah, the commercial capital of Saudi Arabia and the second largest city after Riyadh. KFSH&RC was established in 1970, with a staff of over 2000 employees, comprised of various nationalities. KFSH&RC provides a specialized healthcare service in an integrated educational and research setting. Accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), this hospital is the national referral center for Oncology, Organ Transplantation, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurosciences and Genetic Diseases. KFSH&RC also plays a big role in providing secondary and primary health care services to the local community. The hospital’s postgraduate education programs support both Residency and Fellowship training. The Research Centre focuses on basic and transplant research primarily in: cancer treatment, cardiovascular diseases, transplant immunology program, genetics, molecular diagnostics and proteomics. The Hospital publishes bi-monthly general medical journal, the Annals of Saudi Medicine, distributed worldwide.
The Ophthalmology Department is seeking exceptionally talented, adventurous and enthusiastic Ophthalmologists to enrich their team. The immediate need is for an Ophthalmologist with experience in Retina Exposure.
If you are a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and feeling up to a new challenge, we would like to talk to you.
NB. Short contracts (4 weeks) available
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Ophthalmology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital’s policies and procedures.
- American Board Certification (or equivalent from: Canada, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- 2-3 years of experience post Board / Equivalent
- Current License to practice
- Provides high quality diagnosis and treatment to patients in all aspects of Ophthalmology according to his/her approved clinical privileges
- Provides consultation (inpatient, and emergency room) upon request and responds in a timely manner within the prescribed time frame as outlined in KFSH&RC policy
- Responsible for the timely completion, competencies, accuracy and eligibility of the medical record
- Provides on-call service and ensures availability and response time within the prescribed time frame in accordance with hospital policy
- Conducts daily morning rounds to identify patients ready for discharge. Ensures that discharge orders are written 24 hours prior to discharge
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to Ophthalmology, as assigned
- Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision to interns, residents and fellows as assigned
- Participates in Department's educational activities and training programs. Partakes in national and international medical conferences
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and continuing education requirements
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees and other administrative functions, as required
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the KFSH&RC
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur
- Follows all hospital-related policies and procedures
- Participates in self-and others' education, training and development as applicable
- For a complete Job Description, www.ihrcanada.com Look under URGENT OPENINGS