The Diplomacy of Knowledge
“Canada has a long history of diplomacy. It brings people together, bridges differences and builds on the strengths of all involved. When I travel abroad in my capacity as Governor General, I often speak about a concept that is dear to me and with which you are likely familiar: The Diplomacy of Knowledge”. This basic concept refers to our ability and willingness to work together to share knowledge, build partnerships and convey values and solutions across borders and disciplines. Its purpose is to create dynamic, outward-looking society, one that is committed to sustainable development” .. From the letter addressed by David Johnston, Governor General of Canada (2010- 2017) to HPEN (Health Professions Education Network) the initial name for CIHEA (Canadian International Health Education Association), and with that spirit CIHEA was founded.
CIHEA is a partnership of Canadian health professions, education institutions, national associations and businesses. CIHEA’s members work together to provide support and assistance to international organizations who wish to strengthen their workforce using Canadian standards and practices. Leveraging many years of excellence in Canadian healthcare systems and global best practices, CIHEA offers innovative solutions to address global workforce needs.
In December 2017, CIHEA was officially registered as a non-profit association, in April 2018, CIHEA hit the ground running with their first Trade Mission to the Gulf Region. The largest Canadian Trade Mission to the Gulf region with 28 delegates represented 22 different institutions, organizations and associations from CIHEA’s 30 membership. For 5 days, CIHEA visited: Riyadh, Kuwait, Dubai and Abu-Dhabi for a first hand observation at the region’s requirements and how their respective organizations can share their knowledge and experience to help. The team visited and met with representatives from: Health Authorities, Ministries, Public Sector, Private Sector, Hospitals, Universities, Academic Institutions and others.
CIHEA members are feeling positive and very optimistic about the April Trade Mission – so much so that they are already discussing the possibility of a second visit later this year.
IHR is a proud founding member of CIHEA.
- Accreditation Canada
- Algonquin College
- CAE (Simulation Equipment and training)
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Dalhousie University
- Gowlings WLG (Law Firm)
- International Hospitals Recruitment Inc
- McGill University
- mdBriefCase (Online Continuing medical Education)
- MMI Montreal Medical International
- Niagara College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Saint Elizabeth (In-home care)
- Shift Health (Develop Research Strategies)
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center
- University of Toronto (Faculty of Medicine)
- University of Toronto (Rotman School of Management)
- University of Western (Faculty of medicine)
- Yardstick Assessment Strategies Inc (Testing / Training)