CONSULTANT CRITICAL CARE / ICU at HAMAD MEDICAL CORPORATION
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) is the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East. Established by Emiri decree in 1979, HMC is Qatar’s premier not-for-profit health care provider. HMC manages 12 hospitals – nine specialist hospitals and three community hospitals – as well as the National Ambulance Service, Home Healthcare Service and Stroke Service. Accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), ACGME International LLC, College of American Pathologists (CAP) and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), amongst others, HMC provides around 90 percent of acute services in the country. HMC is Qatar’s leading healthcare provider to around two million expatriates and Qatari nationals living and working in Qatar. They are a diverse and exciting organization with over 70 different nationalities working together as a team.
The Critical Care Department provides multi-disciplinary evidence based critical care to post-operative patients with life threatening conditions or unstable, severely ill patients who require frequent monitoring and potentially require intensive intervention or ventilation. The facilities are state-of-the-art with common, private and isolation beds, providing specialized monitoring equipment and constant access to highly trained nurses with a high degree of medical expertise. Critical Care Units work closely with other Intensive Care Units and all specialties in our hospital and Hamad Medical Corporation for the transfer, admission, discharge, referral, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
The Critical Care Department is an seeking exceptionally talented, adventurous and enthusiastic consultants to enrich and direct their team. They are seeking only male candidates at this time.
If you are a Board Certified ICU Consultant and feeling up to a new challenge, we would like to talk to you.
The Consultant should be able to take a comprehensive view of the care pathway. The Consultant accepts ultimate responsibility for the care of all patients admitted under his name. The Consultant is capable of independently providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges. Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team. The Consultant actively contributes to the teaching and training of students and junior doctors, and to the development of his specialty through leadership, academics and research. Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation’s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
- Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
- USA: The American Board of Internal Medicine, Sub-specialty: Critical Care Medicine
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
- Sweden: Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
- Basic medical degree from recognized institution
- Male candidates only
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- US and Canada: 6 - 12 months clinical experience (depending on length of residency program)
- European Union: 1 - 2 years clinical experience (depending on length of residency program)
- UK and Australia/New Zealand: 6 months clinical experience after obtaining CCT and Fellowship with Royal College
Please click here for a job description.