CRITICAL CARE PHYSICIANS at KFSH&RC RIYADH
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center (KFSH&RC), ranking #1 in the region, is a state-of-the-art 1,038 bed tertiary care facility located in the heart of Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. KFSH&RC was established in 1970, with a staff of over 8000 employees, comprised of 63 different nationalities. KFSH&RC provides a specialized healthcare service in an integrated educational and research setting. Accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), this hospital is the national referral center for Oncology, Organ Transplantation, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurosciences and Genetic Diseases. KFSH&RC also plays a big role in providing secondary and primary health care services to the local community. The hospital’s postgraduate education programs support both Residency and Fellowship training. The Research Centre focuses on basic and transplant research primarily in: cancer treatment, cardiovascular diseases, transplant immunology program, genetics, molecular diagnostics and proteomics. The Hospital publishes bi-monthly general medical journal, the Annals of Saudi Medicine, distributed worldwide. KFSH&RC has a sister hospital, located in Jeddah (on the Red Sea), the 2nd largest city in the country.
The ICU Department is seeking exceptionally talented, adventurous and enthusiastic Critical Care Physicians to enrich their team.
If you are Board Certified in Critical Care and feeling up to a new challenge, we would like to talk to you.
NB. Short contracts (4 weeks) available
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Critical Care Medicine, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital’s policies and procedures.
- American Board Certification (or equivalent from: Canada, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- 2-3 years of experience post Board / Equivalent
- Current License to practice
- Provides required patient care and management in the field of Adult Critical Care in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his/her care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care and patient discharge
- Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients’ diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures and performs procedures as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and modifies treatment accordingly
- Attends assigned shift as per department schedule
- Implements Clinical Pathways/Guidelines for the department
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Adult Critical Care
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultant and junior staff
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in field of Adult Critical Care, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department
- Participates in national and international medical conferences
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chair of the department
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulation and policies and keeps updates of any changes that might occur
- For a complete Job Description, www.ihrcanada.com Look under URGENT OPENINGS.