Founded in 2007, Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Sciences, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers. This merger was intended to consolidate the resources and infrastructure of three of the most respected academic institutions in the UAE and the Middle East. The resulting unified University reinforces Abu Dhabi’s and the UAE’s commitment to pursuing the development of world-class research and human capital initiatives.
KU is an independent entity with its own Board of Trustees that is accountable to the Government of Abu Dhabi for its charter. Khalifa University of Science and Technology has three campuses – a main campus and two satellite campuses in Sas Al Nakhl and Masdar City. The campuses include: over 250,000 square meters in covered unit space, multi-cultural environment with vibrant and rich student life, Over 20,000 square meters of dedicated laboratory and research space, 18 dedicated research centers exploring a diverse range of energy, water, aerospace and information and communication technology challenges & Over 228 state-of-the-art laboratories.
Khalifa University’s 390+ faculty members are leading engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and experts in their fields. They conduct research alongside private and public sector leaders with the support of KU students. They are prolific scientists and inventors, continuously leaving their mark on the world by making significant breakthroughs in technology and science.
Khalifa University is in Zone 1, on the north-eastern side of Mohammed bin Zayed City, a quiet suburb in the mainland of Abu Dhabi. This peaceful area is situated on the edge of Abu Dhabi, an easy commute to the main city. It is completely developed with spacious villas and all necessary shopping & amenities. It is located close to Al Ain Road (E22), a main road, useful for connecting to the rest of the Emirates (notably, to Dubai).
Departments & Services
Colleges of Medicine & Health Sciences Departments
- Anatomy and Cellular Biology
- Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Family Medicine
- Immunology and Physiology
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Psychology and Behavioral Health
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Emirates Nuclear Technology Center (ENTC)
- Center for Biotechnology (BTC)
- Healthcare Engineering and Innovation Center (HEIC)
- Advanced Digital & Additive Manufacturing (ADAM) Center.
- Research and Innovation Center on CO2 and Hydrogen (RICH)
- Sustainable Bioenergy Research Consortium (SBRC)
- Research Center for Renewable Energy Mapping & Assessment (RECREMA)
- Center for Membranes and Advanced Water Technology (CMAT)
- Center for Catalysis and Separation (CECAS)
- Aerospace Research and Innovation Center (ARIC)
- Emirates ICT Innovation Center (EBTIC)
- Center for Autonomous Robotic Systems (KUCARS)
- Ku-Kaist JRC
- Center for Cyber-Physical Systems (C2PS)
- Khalifa University Space Technology & Innovation Center (KUSTIC)
- Research Center for Digital Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Advances Power and Energy Center (APEC)
- System-On-Chip Center (SOCC)
Thinking about working at this hospital? For employment details, check out each topic information below
- Established UAE’s first cleanroom
- First Center for Biotechnology in the UAE: Khalifa University Center for Biotechnology
- Bio-jetfuel harvested from world’s first research facility to grow both food and fuel using desert lands irrigated by seawater
- Region’s first CSP and TES demonstration facility
- First clean energy institute: Masdar Institute
- Working hours varies per department (average) 40 hours per week.
- 5 days a week / The number of hours in a shift vary somewhat from department to department but generally do not exceed 10 hours
- United Arab Emirates now enjoys a Monday to Friday work week, with Saturday and Sunday its official weekend.
- Dress in a modest and appropriate manner that reflects the norms of UAE society
- While in labs, the appropriate protective clothing must be worn. Clothing or attire must not interfere with the safe operation of duties or equipment
- The University provides an allowance, to rent your own accommodation
- Khalifa University boasts one of the largest fitness facilities in the UAE in an academic institution. Housed over four stories, the gym consists of separate two-level men and women’s facilities, featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular and weightlifting equipment as well as studios for Yoga and others for martial arts, such as Boxing and Taekwondo. There are also multi-use courts for basketball, squash, volleyball and badminton
- There are a wide variety of restaurant and food options at Khalifa University’s Abu Dhabi campus
- Zone 1 is home to Khalifa Park, with pearl-diving exhibits in the Maritime Museum and a lazy river in Murjan Splash Park.
- Shopping choices include high-end fashion in Mushrif and Al Wahda malls, while cosmopolitan restaurants cluster near the Corniche promenade. Tours of the Mangrove National Park, known for turtles and herons, depart from Eastern Mangrove Promenade, adjacent to Al Bateen Executive Airport.
- One of the most family-friendly areas in Abu Dhabi
- coming soon
Sounds like a right match?
Check out the available job opportunities for this hospital. Submit your resume today!