King Saud University Medical City
King Saud University Medical City (KSUMC) is a tertiary care academic medical center with decades of experience in multi-facility and multi-disciplinary administration. The world-class health care complex includes more than 1,300 full-time physicians, 853 residents & fellows and approximately 2,072 allied health personnel who collectively provide care to more than 1,229,628 outpatients, admit 45,966 patients and perform around 14,231 procedures every year.
The medical city's physicians comprise of renowned experts in various clinical disciplines, who are complemented by a competent team of allied health, administrative and support service staff. The medical city aims to transform integrated healthcare management through the collective promotion of education & training, care provision and research on all fronts.
Hospital and Centers under the KSU Medical City complex are:
- King Khalid University Hospital
- King Abdul-Aziz University Hospital
- Dental Hospital
- University Diabetes Center
- King Fahad Cardiac Center
- Prince Naif Bin AbdulAziz Health Research Center
- University Oncology Center
- King Abdullah Ear Specialists
- Clinical Skills and Simulation Center
- Family Medicine Center
Founded in 1957, King Saud University is Saudi Arabia’s premier University, and one of the top tertiary institutions in the region. With a wide range of colleges, advanced research centers, and collaborations with distinguished researchers around the globe, King Saud University is equipping the nation’s future leaders.
In addition to scholarship and research, King Saud University provides health and social services to the entire Saudi community, as extending and expanding such services are an essential component of KSU’s comprehensive development plans.
Two hospitals which are part of the university network and train students from the College of Medicine are King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH) and King Abdul Aziz University Hospital (KAUH). KAUH and KKUH boast highly skilled specialists and internationally acclaimed specialists who offer services of the highest quality and expertise, and provide the Saudi community with a local alternative to treatment abroad.
The King Abdul-Aziz University Hospital (KAUH) is highly recognized, fully staffed and eminently-equipped health institution, comprising a highly qualified and experienced faculty of consultants, physicians, nursing staff, and personnel. KAUH has been serving the public for over 40 years.
KAUH was the first educational hospital in Saudi Arabia and one of the university hospitals affiliated to college of medicine in King Saud University. KAUH combines a group of distinct medical qualifications such as consultants, physicians and technicians in many specialties with international expertise, in addition to, the developed modern technology in one of the finest hospitals in KSA.
Departments/Scope of Services:
- Clinical Laboratory
- Diabetic center
- Emergency Department:
The Emergency Department is a Level one emergency treatment facility which is open 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week, fully staffed with licensed physicians and nursing personnel at all times. The Emergency Department is staffed with registered nurses and licensed practical/vocational nurses, who are certified in ACLS, PALS and BCLS. All personnel, additionally, demonstrate competency in the performance of specialized ED skills.
- Imaging Services Department
- Information Management Department
- Medical Records/Health Information Management Department
- Nursing Services
- Nutritional Services
- Pediatric Specialties
- Pharmacy Department
- Physical Therapy
- Clinical Social Work Department
To be a leading medical school and health care provider that makes a major impact on health in Saudi Arabia and contributes significantly to the science and practice of medicine worldwide.
Considering the development witnessed in KAUH services and the increased numbers of patients and visitors, it has started the new expansion building in the western side of KAUH's buildings. It is 8 floors with clinical capacity estimated by 130-bed for admission in internal medicine, OBG/GYN Unit, surgery, diabetic center and Day Care Psychology Unit. The new building will have a center for all specialties of out-patient clinic. In addition to primary care clinics which will be expand to 24 clinics for men and women as well as a complete educational center with 300 person capacity plus a discussion room. It will also has an offices for doctors and administrators as well as clinical support services, support departments and other general services.
- Head Nurse - OB Gyne Clinic (at KKUH)The role holder is responsible for being under the direction and leadership of the Service Manager responsible for the day-to-day management of the unit/department according to established policies, procedures and standards of nursing practice keeping within cultural and social principles of the kingdom.Read MoreApply Now
- Nursing Educator The Nurse Educator is responsible for developing nursing staff and preparing nurse learners for their role as a professional nurse in the hospitals/centers under KSUMC. Designs, Executes, Analyses and revises academia and continuing educational programs to meet the ever- changing environment of healthcare delivery. Read MoreApply Now
- Nursing Service Manager The Nursing Service Manager is responsible for the leadership and direction for all clinical services in the area of responsibility in order to facilitate attainment of the highest quality service performance. This will include working with nursing administration and chairmen to identify suitable bench marking opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency and clinical excellence to ensure the service delivers a high quality service to patients, visitors and staff, including management of healthcare standards and risk.Read MoreApply Now
- Nursing Service Manager - Dental University Hospital The role holder is responsible for the leadership and direction for all clinical services in the area of responsibility in order to facilitate attainment of the highest quality service performance. This will include working with nursing administration and chairman to identify suitable bench-marking opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency and clinical excellence to ensure the service delivers a high quality service to patients, visitors and staff, including management of healthcare standards and risk.Read MoreApply Now