Ministry of Public Health (Formerly Supreme Council of Health) - State of Qatar
The Ministry of Public Health serves to improve the health of the population of Qatar with its many advanced protection, promotion, prevention, diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation services. The Ministry of Public Health aims to create health policies that protect and promote better health, in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century and the needs of the fast growing population of Qatar. Health care is provided for all patients irrespective of nationality, and the Government is pledged to provide “health for all”. The MoPH is responsible for components of public health such as disease survey, prevention & control, food safety, health promotion, laboratory services and information & vital statistics among others.
The health service in Qatar is based on the three elements of any developed health system in the world: public health, primary care and hospital services. The MoPH plays a role in each of these components by providing and gathering vital information, providing continued education / professional development for healthcare providers, monitoring licensing of healthcare professionals and overseeing hospital programs and services. Not only do they provide services to the public, they also help professionals with registration and accreditation. The departments of Pharmacy & Drug Control, Public Health, Finance & eHealth and the various teams / divisions within them are just some examples of the mechanisms which contribute to this multi-faceted and advanced organization; bringing hospitals, professionals, policy makers and researchers together in order to enhance resources and effectively use technology to improve the lives of Qataris.
Examples of Services for Public:
Examples of Services to Health Professionals:
Examples of Other Health Services:
The MoPH's National Health Strategy for Qatar has three major themes:
- Changing Qatar’s healthcare focus from illness ‘treating’ to illness ‘preventing’ and improving people’s health and fitness so they are less likely to become unwell, and if they do need treatment, providing the right care, in the right place at the right time.
- Creating effective and affordable services for all of the people of Qatar.
- Integrating high quality research and continuing professional development into all areas of care delivery, in line with the health priorities of Qatar.
- Communication SpecialistThe communication specialist is responsible for contributing to better sharing of Information between staff and the various relevant departments within and outside the ministry informing them about the developments and updates and enhancing communication through the development of appropriate proposals for the implementation of the Social Health Insurance (SHI) Scheme and the development of Internal and external communication activities for all relevant stakeholders who are in this case private health insurance companies, third administrative parties, mediators, intermediaries, health service providers, related governmental and non-governmental entitles and beneficiaries to inform them about the regulatory standards set for them by SHI scheme.Read MoreApply Now
- EconomistEconomic data collection in Gee and international, primary and secondary databases, data validationRead MoreApply Now
- Medical Education SpecialistThe Medical Education Specialist will be responsible for day-ta-day activities related to medical education and accreditation functions of the Accreditation Department - Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP-AD) including Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Continuing Medical Education services.Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Applications SpecialistThe Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is seeking to appoint a Senior Applications Specialist who will help to develop various applications related to the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS). The role will involve day-to-day development and implementation of end-to-end business operations for the NHIS. Key business operations areas include but not limited to: Regulatory functions of the NHIS, Benefit Administration, Groups and Members Administration, Provider Management, Medical Management, Claims Management, and Customer Service.Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Health Information SpecialistThis role is responsible for provision of a senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the Health Information System in accordance with the Minimum Data Set (MDS) in consultation with the Compliance and Enforcement Section of the Health Financing and Insurance Department (HFID), in addition to analytics and reporting. This role also includes reviewing and providing management consultation in approving high-level strategies and direction for provider networks, systems solutions proposed by the IT personnel and vendors. The role also has the responsibility includes monitoring function of the provider network to ensure accuracy of provided information.Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Legal SpecialistThe Senior Legal Specialist will be required to work with members of all teams within the Health Insurance Department (HID) to Oversee all legal services pertaining to the activities of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) including the drafting of all legal documents issued by the HID. The Legal Specialist will be expected to have expert knowledge of Health Insurance Regulations and along with all other relevant health law passed in the State of Qatar, and form legal opinion on the implications of both upon the implementation of the NHIS. Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Medical Coding Specialist The main purpose of this position will be to assist in the provision of high quality advice that is consistent, relevant and timely, and support to senior management to meet the objectives of the Department. You will work closely with managers in delivering policy advice, decision support and service outcomes to the Government of Qatar. Read MoreApply Now
- Senior Providers Compliance SpecialistThe Senior Provider Compliance Specialist for healthcare providers is a role which sits within the Compliance and Enforcement Team of the Health Financing and Insurance Department (HFID). The Senior Provider Compliance Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the compliance of healthcare providers participating in the Social Health Insurance (SHI) Scheme – with a range of regulatory standards set for them by the MoPH. They will need to develop a detailed knowledge of the standards set by the MoPH that bodies who wish to operate within the SHI Scheme must comply with, and to use data to explore and determine whether bodies are actually compliant with those standards are not. As such, the Senior Provider Compliance Specialist has a vital role in ensuring that the sector complies with the HFID’s key regulatory standards. Read MoreApply Now
- Senor Medical Audit SpecialistThe Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is seeking to appoint a Senior Medical Audit Specialist who will be assisting in designing and implementing policies, processes and procedures across the National Health Information System within the MOPH.Read MoreApply Now
- StatisticianThe Statistician is responsible for the statistical support and analysis for the HFID. This includes compiling, analyzing, and reporting data related to the healthcare in Qatar, and assisting the Department in forecasting budgetary and utilization trends by applying mathematical models and statistical techniques. The position offers opportunities to develop strong statistical skills, participate in professional conferences, and participation in technical reports. Read MoreApply Now