RADIOLOGIST, NEURORADIOLOGY at KFSH&RC RIYADH
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center (KFSH&RC), ranking #1 in the region, is a state-of-the-art 1,038 bed tertiary care facility located in the heart of Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. KFSH&RC was established in 1970, with a staff of over 8000 employees, comprised of 63 different nationalities. KFSH&RC provides a specialized healthcare service in an integrated educational and research setting. Accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), this hospital is the national referral center for Oncology, Organ Transplantation, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neurosciences and Genetic Diseases. KFSH&RC also plays a big role in providing secondary and primary health care services to the local community. The hospital’s postgraduate education programs support both Residency and Fellowship training. The Research Centre focuses on basic and transplant research primarily in: cancer treatment, cardiovascular diseases, transplant immunology program, genetics, molecular diagnostics and proteomics. The Hospital publishes bi-monthly general medical journal, the Annals of Saudi Medicine, distributed worldwide. KFSH&RC has a sister hospital, located in Jeddah (on the Red Sea), the 2nd largest city in the country.
The Radiology Department is seeking exceptionally talented, adventurous and enthusiastic Radiologists to enrich their team. The immediate need is for a Neuroradiologist
If you were, Board Certified Radiologist, obtained relevant fellowship and feeling up to a new challenge, we would like to talk to you.
NB. Short contracts (4 weeks) available
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Neuroradiology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital’s policies and procedures.
- American Board Certification (or equivalent from: Canada, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- Abdominal Imaging Fellowship
- 2-3 years of experience post Board / Equivalent
- Current License to practice
- Provides high quality diagnosis and treatment to patients with neuroradiological ENT, ophthalmological and related diseases using radiological techniques at the administrative direction of the Chairman of Medical Imaging Services. Diagnosis and treatment include conduction radiological procedures like CT, MRI, angiography and X-rays.
- Oversees and conducts all Radiological tests and procedures conducted by technologists/assistants physicians within the department for all other departments across the Medical and Clinical Affairs division/patients.
- Generates timely and highly accurate reports for all radiological tests/procedures conducted within the department.
- Communicates within clinicians and participates in their rounds and conferences.
- Assists the patients primary physician to select the appropriate diagnostic procedure and assists physicians/surgeons before or during surgical procedures
- Ensures high levels of patient safety against all kinds of adverse effects from X-rays, MRI or Nuclear Medicine procedures.
- Ensures all department staff protect themselves against effects of X-rays, MRI or Nuclear medicine Procedures as per the employee safety policies of the hospital.
- Performs minimally invasive procedures using image modalities of diagnostic radiology either for diagnostic purposes (e.g. angiogram) or for treatment purposes (e.g. angioplasty)
- Informs the patient and their referring clinician about risks and benefits with the interventional procedure.
- For a complete Job Description, www.ihrcanada.com Look under URGENT OPENINGS.