Substance Misuse – Drug Addiction Psychiatry CNS
Responsible to use his or her skills to improve the well-being of individuals suffering from mental illness.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s of Science in Nursing specialized in addictions / substance use / drugs and alcohol studies built on Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum Seven (7) years of post nursing registration experience with at least (5 to 7) Years of experience working as a Clinical Nurse Specialist/Specialist Nurse in addictions/ drugs and alcohol (inpatient, community and/or criminal justice services)
- Experience of delivering training in addictions
- Experience in managing a complex caseload of patients (Dual Diagnosis experience preferable for 1 post)
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country/state of origin
- Be eligible for license from the Licensing authority in the State of Qatar to practice Healthcare Profession.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled safe, holistic, culturally competent, person-centered nursing & midwifery care to patients, families, community and society, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team irrespective of healthcare settings.
- Provides direct patient care, including assessment, diagnosis and treatment interventions.
- Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to the role.
- Coordinates services with the services of other health care disciplines.
- Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel.
- Assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Accepts accountability for own actions and decision-making and for the related outcome.
- Functions at all times in accordance with legislative, regulatory and policy guidelines relevant to registered nursing & midwifery practice.
- Maintains and demonstrates clinical competence in all aspects of care provided to patients & families on specific unit.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, revises and provides input to the patients’ plan of care and provides care according to the plan of care.
- Administers medications and therapies in a safe, timely and effective manner in accordance with HMC policy.
- Uses communication skills to ensure that other members of the health care team, the patient and their family are and remain fully informed.
- Exhibits leadership qualities and manages nursing & midwifery care safely, efficiently and ethically.
- Ensures nursing practice meets organizational quality and safety standards and guidelines and participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction through effective customer service.
- Delegates and provides supervision to team members according to their competence and scope of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development of other members in the healthcare team, as well as patients, families, community and society.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development through lifelong learning to ensure continued competence and performance improvement.
- Enables and provides information on maintaining and optimizing health and maximizing self-care.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Uses data systems to enhance the quality and delivery of patient care.
- Uses research, evaluation, service improvement and audit findings to enhance the quality of patient care and protect the rights of those participating.
- Performs and documents a comprehensive medical/nursing history, physical and psychosocial assessment of the patient’s and family’s health status.
- Provides direct, specialized, comprehensive care, education and counselling emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention and collaborative management strategies to positively affect health outcomes.
- Working under defined clinical pathways and/or medical directives, the nurse practitioner may undertake a variety of task as per the scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.