Advance Nurse Practitioner
Hamad Medical Corporation Hamad Medical Corporation
Doha , Qatar
Responsible to Executive Directors of Nursing/Midwifery and work in conjunction with medical teams to provide professional, quality patient care.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing/Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Midwifery/Mental Health Nursing
- Minimum Ten (10) years post registration experience that includes:
- 1 year experience in specialty area of focus after Master’s degree in Healthcare related field-(internal).
- 1 year as an Advanced Nurse/Midwife Practitioner in related field-(external)
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country/state of origin
- Should be eligible for license from the Licensing authority in the State of Qatar to practice Healthcare Profession.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled safe, holistic, culturally competent, person-centered nursing & midwifery care to patients, families, community and society, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team irrespective of healthcare settings.
- Provides direct patient care, including assessment, diagnosis and treatment interventions.
- Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to the role.
- Coordinates services with the services of other health care disciplines.
- Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel. Assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
- Fosters a climate conducive to education experiences for nurses, midwives and students.
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
- Accepts accountability for own actions and decision-making and for the related outcome.
- Delivers nursing & /or midwifery care and practices embedding the HMC Advanced Nurse Practitioner Scope of Practice as the ethical and professional framework alongside consideration of the socio-cultural needs of patients, families, communities and society.
- Functions at all times in accordance with legislative, regulatory and policy guidelines relevant to registered nursing & midwifery practice.
- Maintains and demonstrates clinical competence in all aspects of care provided to patients & families on specific unit.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, revises and provides input to the patients’ plan of care and provides care according to the plan of care.
- Administers medications and therapies in a safe, timely and effective manner in accordance with HMC policy.
- Uses communication skills to ensure that other members of the health care team, the patient and their family are and remain fully informed.
- Exhibits leadership qualities and manages nursing & midwifery care safely, efficiently and ethically.
- Ensures nursing practice meets organizational quality and safety standards and guidelines and participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction through effective customer service.
- Delegates and provides supervision to team members according to their competence and scope of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development of other members in the healthcare team, as well as patients, families, community and society.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional development through lifelong learning to ensure continued competence and performance improvement.
- Enables and provides information on maintaining and optimizing health and maximizing self-care.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Uses data systems to enhance the quality and delivery of patient care.
- Uses research, evaluation, service improvement and audit findings to enhance the quality of patient care and protect the rights of those participating.
- Performs and documents a comprehensive medical/nursing history, physical and psychosocial assessment of the patient’s and family’s health status.
- Provides direct, specialized, comprehensive care, education and counselling emphasizing health promotion, disease prevention and collaborative management strategies to positively affect health outcomes.
- Working under defined clinical pathways and/or medical directives, the nurse practitioner may undertake a variety of task as per the scope of practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.