Ambulatory Care Education Coordinator
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the performance management of Clinical Instructors.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Education or related discipline required
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure from country of origin required
Six (6) years of acute care hospital experience with at least two (2) years of experience in area of specialty and at least two (2) years in a dedicated teaching position providing nursing education
Current and clean license to practice as a Registered Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses clinical practice needs utilizing unit specific data, behavioral competencies and evidence based practice relating to specialty area, develops strategies and educational plans including cost benefit and analysis that demonstrates improvement in patient care outcomes
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrates improvements reflected in unit, divisional, organizational data and benchmarks
- Designs evidence-based curriculum that includes critical and reflective thinking, the Hospital’s vision and mission and Nursing Affairs’ vision, mission, values and guiding principles
- Implements and managed evidence based educational programs, strategies and assessment methods
- Evaluates educational programs and strategies and modifies educational content and processes
- Evaluates externally produced curriculum and writes recommendations for suitability to internal implementation
- Participates in academic curriculum reviews from requesting university-based schools of nursing
- Identifies, implements and evaluates innovative models of education and training to support changes in practice and environments
- Participates in scholarly activities that serve to promote the professional of nursing
- Coordinates educational plans in collaboration with the specialty area Program Director and other stakeholders
- Participates in the orientation of new staff, nursing students, nurse interns, new graduate nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Promotes a suitable learning environment for all learners
- Supports the recruitment of staff to area and assists in developing competence and performance.
- Acts as a mentor for new staff as they develop competence. Participates in staff retention across assigned area as well as areas of responsibility
- Provides guidance, resources and knowledge for the professional development of nurse and others within the Hospital and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Coordinate the provision of educational resources in support of achieving an increase in the number of Saudi nurses in assigned specialist area.
- Supports increasing the number of Saudi Nurses in Nursing
- Development & Saudization (ND&S)
- Ensures ongoing individual performance appraisals are objectively completed for staff members against set criteria.
- Assists with action plans arising from these appraisals as necessary .
- Provides clear feedback to team members in a manner that is conductive to maintain and improving performance.
- Counsels and/or disciplines staff when appropriate
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills, and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Supports the continued professional development of Clinical
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Participates in interdisciplinary efforts to address health care issues and educational needs locally, regionally, nationally or internationally
- Contributes to the development and delivery of Nursing Affairs objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm.
- Works creatively to achieve objectives be embracing new ways of working and taking the lead in the change management process when appropriate.
- Demonstrates excellent personal communication.
- Establishes and maintains effective two way communication channels with individuals and multidisciplinary team.
- Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times
- Participates in Hospital-wife Performance Improvement activities
- Acts as a professional role model
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of all positions in assigned area against the primary purpose and strategic goals
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.