King Abdulaziz Medical City - Riyadh King Abdulaziz Medical City - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the administration of anesthetics prior to, during, or after surgery or other medical procedures. Monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications. Monitor patient conditions during treatments, procedures, or activities.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FRCPS)
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
Minimum Three (3) years of experience after board
Valid and in a good standing Medical License in current country of practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation or pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during and after surgery; offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients’ conditions throughout procedures
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients and ordering diagnostic procedures like x-rays and laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery
- Monitor patients post-surgery and determine when they are stabilized enough to move to another room or go home
- Manage anesthesiology services and coordinate with other professionals to formulate procedures and plans; direct the duties of medical technicians, nurses and other healthcare support staff
- Educate patients and families on post-procedure care and possible complications; instruct on different ways to prevent disease and improve health
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.