Assistant Chief Nursing Affairs Oncology & Organ Transplant
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Drives the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. Together with the Executive Director of Nursing, develops and leads the strategic direction of Nursing Affairs and take a lead role in negotiating, identifying, implementing and evaluating achievement of the strategic goals across Nursing Affairs. Accountable and responsible for the provision of professional leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of strategies that deliver high quality family centered patient care and ensures collaborative working practices at unit, divisional and across all areas of responsibility in accordance with the American Nurses Association and Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of Practice.
Education / Qualification Required:
Master’s Degree in Nursing or related health discipline or MBA is required. If Master’s Degree is not in Nursing, a Bachelor’s in Nursing is required
Current Registered Nurse licensure from country of origin required
Ten years’ experience of progressive Nursing Administrative role including four (4) years in a leadership role is required
Current and clean license to practice as a Registered Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides professional leadership, undertakes internal and external assessment to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the delivery of quality patient and family centered care
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of Nursing Affairs’ annual strategic plan.
- Works in partnership with Program Directors to define and clarify the strategic direction. Creates a culture that facilitates shared decision making with all nursing staff through the professional practice framework.
- Provides leadership in performance improvement and monitors outcomes for assigned clinical practice areas and operational programs in Nursing Affairs. Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care. Monitors quality and takes effective action to address quality issues. Raises quality issues and related risks with relevant people and follows this up and addresses poor performance, e.g complaints, incidents, poor communication.
- Drives the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction at divisional level
- Dries the achievement of decreasing the length of stay / waiting time as per divisional plan
- Identifies and agrees with Leadership team the appropriate data to be collected. Monitors the quality and quantity of the data and information taking the necessary actions to deal with any problems.
- Synthesises the data and information and develops justifiable and realistic conclusions and recommendations and actions
- Leads the operational planning within nursing affairs working closely with physician and other discipline counterparts to ensure services are managed and delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Drives the achievement of successfully implementing clinical information systems at divisional level
- Serves as a senior member of the Nursing Leadership Team and represents Executive Director, Nursing Affairs at internal and external functions as needed
- Provides advanced leadership direction facilitating change through Program Directors and others within assigned area of responsibility to achieve the nursing goals
- Monitors the performance and development of Program Directors and others within assigned area of responsibility
- Communicates effectively with all staff in a manner consistent with their level of understanding, culture and background, proactively seeking out solutions to improve communications.
- Empathetic and reassuring when communicating sensitive information and advice to staff. Persuasive and reassuring as required. Treats all colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect. Ensures communication and working relationships are effective
- Promotes the maintenance of effective communication across Nursing Affairs.
- Actively welcomes new staff / students to the assigned area.
- Drives the retention of all staff to meet division specific turnover rate goal. Participates in retention activities.
- Drives the achievement of cost efficiency savings at divisional level using lean principles.
- Supports and contributes to Nursing Research based on internal and external assessments.
- Makes recommendation for research proposals
- Directs Nursing support services in the achievement of strategic goals.
- Continually evaluates utilization of resources and redirects based on achievement or need.
- Drives the achievement of targets for Saudization and nationality mix in areas of responsibility, consistent with strategic plan of Nursing Affairs.
- Participates in the training and development of Saudi nursing students and graduates
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice
- Drives the achievement of successful implementation of clinical information systems
- Provides leadership for Hospital-wide and Nursing Affairs special projects
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of all positions in assigned area against the primary purpose and strategic goals
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs
- Upholds the organizational values at all times
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.