Manages/pursues multiple research projects with supervision, participates in the design and execution of experiments, contributes in writing manuscripts, oversees the overall inventory, maintains Standard Operating Procedures under the guidance of Head of the Research Unit, and trains and supervises students and junior technical staff.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree of Science from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline relevant to the research field is required.
- Minimum Six (6) years of relevant experience if holding Master’s Degree
- Minimum Eight(8) years of relevant experience if holding Bachelor’s Degree
- Evidence of excellent level of technical, managerial, communication and computer skills and accomplishments that need to be described and scored by immediate supervisor in the Scientific Scoring Form.
- Current and in a Good Standing License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts various types of experiments and perform complex test in the laboratory.
- Analyses and evaluates research data and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
- Assist in planning and designing experiments.
- Monitors overall laboratory inventory and supplies as well as maintains experimental records and protocols.
- Ensures work progresses according to plan and informs supervisor if problems arise.
- Prepares and publishes scientific manuscripts under the direction of a scientist.
- Supervises students and junior technical staff working on assigned research projects.
- Follows all laboratory safety rules and regulations.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.