Bio Medical Engineer
Hamad Medical Corporation
Located in the heart of Doha, the capital city of Qatar, HMC consists of three hospitals:
Hamad General Hospital was commissioned in 1982 and since has gained an International reputation as a teaching and referral center. It is certified by the American Hospital Association and provides medical and surgical sub-specialties to a population of more than 600,000 people. The facility has a capacity of approximately 660 beds and utilizes the most state of the art medical and surgical equipment to keep current with the rapid new development in medicine.
Within the Mission, vision, and values of HMC and the Department of Biomedical Engineering – Perform repair, calibration, preventive maintenance, and inspection of Biomedical Equipment as per manufacturer standard of the machine/ system for reliable and accurate test results and function.
Educational Qualifications and Licensure
Bachelor of Engineering, B.Sc. in Electronics or Bio-medical
Engineering Technology or equivalent is required.
5 years involvement in a medical physics, Biomedical equipment
maintenance and repairs in hospital or similar environment.
Language Skills: English Intermediate, Arabic Basic
Computer Skills: Basic Computer
· To maintain, calibrate, adjust and commission Biomedical Equipment.
· Formulates/updates technical specification and compliance checklist for new acquisitions of Biomedical equipment.
· Tender in liaison with the Head of BM Equipment Group against end-user recommended selection and ensure equipment’s safety compliance prior to ordering.
· Performs scheduled preventative maintenance, repairs and calibrate using precise tools and with accordance to manufactures procedure to ensure the accuracy of test results and using IPM checklist.
· Demonstrates the operation of equipment to the end-user in order to be aware of the correct usage.
· Install/inspect new medical equipment to be sure it is ready for use before it is handed over to end-user.
· Attends planned training sessions relating to specifics on new equipment introduced – Maintain up to date records, write reports on designated equipment and coordinate with Co service Engineers on external/warranty repairs.
· Recommends, ensuring stick level spare parts are adequate including technical manuals for fast response on repair/maintenance.
· Ensures correct workshop practices and safe working environment.
· Assists with the supervision of the IDP’s for developers and technicians with the section and organize training.