Biostatistician Epidemiologist – Senior Technical Specialist
Oversees and manages the daily technical operation of Laboratory/Core Facility; develops procedures; updates the Standard Operating procedures; prepares reports and budget; carries out instrument maintenance and troubleshooting; implements newly acquired technologies; trains and supervises students and technical staff; and provides operational support to Research groups.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree of Science from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline relevant to the research field is required.
- 8 years of related experience with Master’s Degree or 10 years with Bachelor’s Degree of directly related job experience
- Proven records of presenting original data at least once in a national or international meeting
- Knowledge in safety measures such as biological, radiological, and/or chemical in form of certificates
- Leads and supervises experiments, interpreting and communicating results, and participating in the development of novel processes and procedures as needed.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Laboratory/Core Facility such as work flow processes, managing the activities of core facility staff, and other related duties and tasks as required.
- Ensures that instruments are maintained to the highest working standards, including regular hardware/software maintenance.
- Implements and maintains quality control methods to assure high quality results.
- Establishes and maintains up-to-date information pertinent to core facility policies, procedures, available technology, and scheduling.
- Develops project scheduling, user policies, and pricing rates.
- Provides training, instruction and assistance for users of the facility.
- Follows all Hospital’s related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.