Blood Conservation Coordinator
Responsible for carrying out routine clinical bllod conservation services under the direction of the Director, O.R. Management.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent level of education plus a graduate of a perfusion programme.
- American Board certified or national equivalent.
- Possession of a certificate in Peri Operative Blood Management Technology would also be advantageous.
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience as a clinical practitioner and must be familiar with blood conservation techniques, education and training, and research.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determining, assembling and monitoring equipment needed for cell saver and other blood conservation techniques.
- Coordinate the procedures involving blood conservation and to support trained and training staff.
- Coordinate blood conservation projects with other hospital deparments.
- Reviewing patient’s medical history and chart to determine what equipment can be used and wheter cell salvage is appropiate for the as well as to be used on ongoing research into the efectiveness of the cell salvage for the patient ant the hospital.
- COnsulting with Surgeons and Anesthesiologists to obtain needed set-up information.
- Observing equipment for proper operation.
- Being able to work under stress during emergency situations.
- Attaining precise limits or standards.
- Maintaining equipment as necessary
- Blood salvaging techniques.
- Blood gas and blood chemistry monitoring and analysis.
- Anticoagulation and hematologic monitoring and analysis.
- Hemodilution and hemofiltration techniques.
- Administration of medications and blood components.
- Documentation associated with described duties to retain records for the patients benefit, research and audit purposes.
- Involving in training, research, product evaluation and continuing education as described by the Medical Director, OR Management and the Chairman of the Deparment of Anesthesiology which is essential to quality management, that training is oingoing and that new devices are evaluated when they have benefit to the patient.
- Creating and revising Internal Policy and Procedures with regards to Blood Conservation Program.
- Creating of staff development programs for Anesthesia Technologists and Nursing staff within the operating room.
- Other duties may include: isolated limb/organ perfusion.
- Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as possible.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.