Cardiovascular Technologist (EKG)
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
This position is responsible for performing all aspects of non-invasive electrocardiography diagnostic testing.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular program of a minimum two (2) year duration OR BSc in Nursing with two (2) years Cardiology experience and evidence of formal ECG training
- BSc in Cardiovascular Technology or equivalent is preferred.
- 2 years post- qualification experience is required
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country/state of origin
- Registration with Cardiovascular Credentialing International, Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists, UK Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists, The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand, or equivalent
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recording and interpretation of 12 lead ECG’s to a very high standard on a range of equipment.
- Independent practitioner in technician-led exercise stress testing, including nuclear myocardial perfusion stress testing, pharmaceutical and exercise stress echocardiography
- Ambulatory blood pressure and holter monitoring
- Ambulatory Holter and Event monitor analysis and reporting.
- Other Cardiodiagnostic testing as required, such as cardiac device interrogation, remote monitoring of cardiac devices
- Troubleshoots electronic ECG issues and educates fellow caregivers in conducting an ECG as per CCAD protocol.
- Teaches theory, instrumentation and interpretation of cardiodiagnostic procedures to junior caregivers.
- Explains test procedures to patient and answers questions
- Ensures that rooms are stocked with linens and machine supplies, and maintains cleanliness in treatment rooms
- Charts preliminary report in patient’s medical record
- Documents applicable notes on EKG records and reconciles in Tracemaster
- Performs related clerical duties as needed
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.