Cardiovascular Technologist (EKG)
This position is responsible for performing all aspects of non-invasive electrocardiography diagnostic testing.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular program of a minimum two (2) year duration OR BSc in Nursing with two (2) years Cardiology experience and evidence of formal ECG training
- BSc in Cardiovascular Technology or equivalent is preferred.
- 2 years post- qualification experience is required
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country/state of origin
- Registration with Cardiovascular Credentialing International, Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists, UK Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists, The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand, or equivalent
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recording and interpretation of 12 lead ECG’s to a very high standard on a range of equipment.
- Independent practitioner in technician-led exercise stress testing, including nuclear myocardial perfusion stress testing, pharmaceutical and exercise stress echocardiography
- Ambulatory blood pressure and holter monitoring
- Ambulatory Holter and Event monitor analysis and reporting.
- Other Cardiodiagnostic testing as required, such as cardiac device interrogation, remote monitoring of cardiac devices
- Troubleshoots electronic ECG issues and educates fellow caregivers in conducting an ECG as per CCAD protocol.
- Teaches theory, instrumentation and interpretation of cardiodiagnostic procedures to junior caregivers.
- Explains test procedures to patient and answers questions
- Ensures that rooms are stocked with linens and machine supplies, and maintains cleanliness in treatment rooms
- Charts preliminary report in patient’s medical record
- Documents applicable notes on EKG records and reconciles in Tracemaster
- Performs related clerical duties as needed