Cardiovascular Technologist Non-Invasive
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's Degree in Cardiovascular Technology or related discipline, or Graduate from an accredited program in cardiovascular technology, health science, cardiac ultrasound or health care field (two years) after High School required
- Registration with relevant professional organization
- *Grade 08: Two (2) years of related experience with Bachelor’s Degree or three (3) years with Accredited Program required. Registration with relevant professional organization.
- * Grade 09: Four (4) years of related experience in the assigned specialty as a Cardiovascular Technologist (Grade 8) at KFSH & RC.
Evaluation average of 4.3 or higher for the last four (4) years as a Grade 8 at KFSH & RC.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Independently performs non-invasive cardiac investigations such as but not limited to ECG, Holter monitoring, stress testing, pacemaker and ICD analysis, blood pressure monitoring, echocardiography procedures including Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) and Stress Echocardiography (SE)
- Calibrates and operates equipment as required
- Performs urgent procedures on critically ill patients portably in the wards, OR, Cardiac Cath Lab, ICUs, ER, and anv other location as requested and as required
- Assists physicians with procedures in the OR, Cardiac Cath Lab, or any other setting as required
- Observes and monitors patients during procedures, notes signs of distress andlor medical emergencies, takes remedial action and notifies the nurse orland physician as necessary
- Produces meaningful diagnostic information, obtains measured and calculated data and makes preliminary reports for review by the reporting physician
- Documents and logs all patient events and procedures
- Ensures a safe environment and safe operation of equipment. Monitors equipment and reports any hazards or needs for repair and maintenance to Senior Cardiovascular Technologist or Manager
- Cleans and disinfects clinical equipment, following appropriate Laboratory policies, Hospital policies or manufacturer instructions
- Ensures procedure rooms are clean, tidy, and well stocked with supplies, linen and other necessary items
- Participates in the on-call roster
- Understands sterile techniques for Cardiac Cath Lab, OR, and isolation patients
- Understands infection control policies
- Assists with emergency resuscitation procedures
- Follows all Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab and Hospital related policies and procedures
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.