Case Coordinator Nurse – Case Management
The Case Coordinator Nurse has advocacy & education, facilitation, transition & financial management, outcomes & psychosocial management in order to promote quality, safe and timely transition through the healthcare system. Has a supervision and guidance from the Senior Case Coordinator, the case coordinator will coordinate appropriate providers and access appropriate services to progress the patient’s episode of care in a timely manner.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing or Equivalent from Accredited University obtained through personal attending study method (not distant learning or on-line study method)
- Minimum Four (4) years of experience as a Staff Nurse in Case Management
- Experience as a Case Coordinator Nurse practice inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Senior Charge Nurse experience as per Professional Qualification Requirement with experience in Case Management.
- Experience of leading change and championing evidence-based practice.
- Current and in good Standing Nursing License/Registration (RN) to practice in country of residence
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop patient care plans to include correct Level of care placement- Utilization Management
- Care Facilitation along the Continuum of Care, monitoring against Clinical Pathway, and facilitation of transition plans
- Proactive Discharge Planning
- Facilitation of accurate medical documentation and health insurance documentation
- Facilitation of Resource Utilization- ensuring the available funding meets the clinical needs
- Links the physician staff with finances.
- Proactively identifies and resolves variances to clinical pathway and obstacles to discharge.
- Completes Case Management and quality screening for assigned patients (once deemed competent)
- Early assessment and intervention (once deemed competent) to address psychosocial needs including patient, family and community and collaborates with Social Workers as appropriate
- Communicate closely with Utilization & financial managers regarding insurance and other financial issues to ensure appropriate reimbursement for services (once deemed competent)
- Participates in Quality Assurance programs within the clinical care setting.