Cell Biology Chairperson
Responsible for all administrative, educational, scientific and research activities for all assigned services/functions.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Doctorate Degree e.g. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or equivalent in scientific discipline with a strong background in cyclotron and radiopharmaceuticals from an accredited university/institution
- Minimum Twelve (12) years post doctorate research experience as an independent professional with at least five (5) years extensive administrative/supervisory experience.
- Research productivity must be demonstrated in a form of publications in reputable relevant peer reviewed journals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, continuously monitors and updates as necessary the department’s goals, obiectives1 policies and procedures.
- Implements actions taken by the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Research Centre Credentials Committee and Research Advisory Council.
- Coordinates with the Research Centre Administration regarding all matters related to the department and serves as an advocate for it’s interests.
- Responsible for enforcing and monitoring adherence of all staff to the Hospital and Research Centre Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible for reviewing/enhancing processes of the department to ensure that hospital maintains it’s world class reputation of patient care management through scientific and applied research.
- Promotes and directs the overall research, scientific and clinical initiatives in the department.
- Ensures adequate and uninterrupted supervision of the department at all times.
- Participates and implements staff selection and retention of competent professional in the department through effective use of the ongoing credentialing policies and procedures.
- Evaluates adequacy of staffing and ensures appropriate departmental mechanism and processes to provide the needed
- Hospital scientific and research related support at all times.
- Conducts continuing review and annual evaluation of performance of all staff in consultation with the Section Heads and/or Immediate Supervisors.
- Chairs regular departmental staff meetings to review and discuss goals, objectives, policies, procedures, education, administrative, scientific, clinical and research activities.
- Participates as a member of the Research Centre Departmental Committee, as requested.
- Ensures the timely preparation of annual operating budget for all assigned services/functions, and monitors and keeps expenditures within budget.
- Ensures that all expenditures of the department are cost effective and falls within the allocated resources.
- Implements and oversees applicable Hospital safety and Research Safety Committee guidelines.
- Directs and observes the Good Research Practice (GRP) guidelines.
- Follows all Hospital related Policies and Procedures
- Participates in self and other’s education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.