Chairman - Cardiovascular Diseases
King Faisal Specialist Hospital - Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Graduation from a medical school in good standing, completion of required period of postgraduate training in a specialty and/or subspecialty, with American Board or Canadian/UK certification, or equivalent as outlined by the Medical Staff Credentialing Committee.
Ten (10) years of clinical experience in a subspecialty including four (4) years in admin capacity, plus post-training experience is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides required patient care and management in the field of Cardiovascular Diseases in accordance with policies and procedures of the hospital
- Assumes responsibilities for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by the hospital
- Complies with all the hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation and manages the medical care of patients before, during and after surgery.
- Provides high quality anesthesia care to patients and manages the medical care of patients before, during and after surgery.
- Promotes Postgraduate, Training Programs, Continuing Medical Education activities, international symposia and other required educational and training courses and ensures evaluation and reporting of such activities.
- Leads and promotes educational activities for Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, junior staff and other members of the department.
- Develops the department's Strategic Plan, Goals and Objective in conformance with the overall strategic plan of Medical and Clinical Affairs. Provides quarterly reports on the progress made by the department on the Goals and Objectives.
- Ensures that the department and its staff perform in accordance with agreed Performance Objectives. Reports the Performance to the Executive Director - Medical & Clinical Affairs, on a periodic basis. Undertakes and leads the conduct of any corrective action that may be required, to improve the performance results of the department and its staff.