Chief Capital Projects & Facilities Officer
This is a unique executive vacancy for a Chief Capital Projects & Facilities Officer at one of the most prestigious Health Systems in one of the GCC Countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait). The role requires to oversees major capital projects to ensure that projects are successfully developed and delivered on time, within budget, and in line with scope of work and quality requirements. Responsible for overseeing, running and maintaining of properties and facilities that are centrally led across Hospital. Responsible for overseeing safety and security efforts across Hospital including implementing policies, standards and guidelines.
- ALL Education MUST have been obtained from North America only (USA or Canada)
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Architectural, Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) or other related discipline is required.
- This Health System requires experience MUST have been obtained at one of the best 50 health systems in North America (Canada / USA)
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years of experience as a Construction Project Manager leading major capital projects including experience in facilities management or other related filed is required.
- Saudi Council of Engineers License is required.
- Strong management and coordination capabilities able to ensure high quality operations and standards of services across facilities.
- Strong entrepreneurial mind-set able to create a culture that fosters innovation where all staff take on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to leverage deep understanding of engineering, construction, and project management principles to improve project outcomes.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills with the ability to mobilize large groups of people into action.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management in Saudi Arabia with the ability to
easily navigate across the ecosystem.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees, manages and delegates all design and engineering activities across the organization in line with plan and capital expenditure, all construction activities to ensure projects are on track to meet financial, quality and timeline targets, all facilities commissioning activities to ensure seamless handovers to operations.
- Oversees major capital projects delivery across the organization.
- Oversees capex/open projects and refurbishment activities across Hospital ensuring work is conducted in a timely fashion, on schedule, and meets high quality requirements.
- Oversees facilities management that are centrally led across all sites ensuring that facilities are run efficiently, safely and are held to high standards allowing for an exceptional patient experience.
- Oversees facilities management activities across This Health system and ensures that common practices are established in line with best practices.
- Assess facilities management operations and identifies areas of opportunity to improve processes and drive efficiencies in collaboration with Healthcare Delivery General Managers.
- Manages internal and external staff who are responsible for facilities management across This Health system setting performance KPIs and ensuring that those KPIs are met.
- Provides all security and safety related services across facilities through internal coordination with local Safety and Security staff and coordinating with security authorities for government agencies.
- Observes safety and security regulations and requirements, especially those regarding Healthcare Delivery and Research and Innovation operations and ensures regulations are constantly met.
- Follows all organization’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others education, training and development as applicable.