Chief Education and Training Officer
This is a unique executive vacancy for a Chief Education and Training Officer at one of the most prestigious Health systems in one of the GCC Countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait). The role requires to develop and implement strategy for Education and Training that supports this health system goal of being the best in class provider inline with this health system strategy. Oversees and manages all educational and training activities focusing on both exceptional quality, and profit and loss through business development, revenue generation, and cost optimization. It is challenging opportunity to make a mark in the life of community this health system serves.
- ALL Education MUST have been obtained from North America only (USA or Canada)
- MD, PhD or Master’s Degree in Pedagogics, Scientific, or Business related discipline is required.
- Experience in business development and commercialization.
- Master’s Degree of Business Administration (MBA) or other related administrative qualification is required with Medical/Scientific backgrounds.
- Strong entrepreneurial mind-set able to create a culture that fosters innovation where all staff take on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and how to best commercialize on these areas (e.g., delivering service, partnerships).
- Deep understanding of the Saudi Arabia healthcare ecosystem with the ability to influence key external decision makers.
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills able to attract, develop and maintain top talents.
- This Health System requires experience MUST have been obtained at one of the best 50 health systems in North America (Canada and USA)
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in leading an educational institution/function, university or college in a healthcare related setting is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements an education and training strategy to deliver best-in-class clinical education focused on the four educational pillars: Undergraduate Medical, Graduate Medical, Post-Graduate and Continuous Education.
- Develops an integrated offering with Healthcare Delivery and Research to reach the tri-part mission across medical care, research, and training
- Manages the P&L for Education to ensure that programs provided are adequately compensated for and operations are being run efficiently.
- Understands the clinical educational needs in Saudi Arabia and analyzes and develops attractive offerings such as, online teaching portals or standardized rotation programs with international hospitals.
- Secures sources of funding for educational programs by addressing clinical education regulations and fees with the government, and identifying revenue sources for the various educational programs.
- Builds and manages external relations, identifies engagement opportunities, assists in promoting hospital brand, and negotiates/manages partnerships in coordination with related stakeholder and Corporate Communications.
- Devises a pricing strategy for the educational services offered ranging from student fees to fees paid by other hospitals for training programs.
- Collaborates closely with Healthcare Delivery and Research to encourage clinicians and researches to participate in teaching activities and to create a learning environment for clinicians and researchers alike.
- Attracts top talent not just to teach but also to be taught at hospital by building a strong educational brand and creating lasting partnerships with national and international universities and Academic Medical Centers.
- Follows all organization’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.