Chief Executive Officer, Research and Innovation
This is a unique executive vacancy for a Chief Executive Officer for Research and Innovation at one of the most prestigious Health Systems in one of the GCC Countries (Bahrain, Saudi Arabia , United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait). The role requires to Provides executive direction and leadership to successfully lead Research and Innovation. Responsible for the smooth and efficient operations of Research and Innovation in line with the Organizations’ vision, mission and strategic priorities under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). It is a challenging opportunity to make a difference in the life of the community this health system serves
- ALL Education MUST have been obtained from North America only (USA or Canada)
- MD, PhD or Master’s Degree in a Scientific, Business, Hospital, Healthcare Administration / Management, or other related discipline is required.
- MBA or equivalent is required for MD/Scientific Degree holders
- Demonstrated ability handling large scientific research organization.
- Research productivity must be demonstrated in a form of publications in reputable relevant peer reviewed journals.
- This Health System requires experience MUST have been obtained at one of the best 50 health systems in North America (Canada / USA)
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years of progressive research management/leadership experience in a research, hospital, healthcare or related institution is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all executive management duties and responsibilities related to Research and Innovation; and oversees staff in accordance with established policies and bylaws.
- Implements BOD’s resolutions, and assigned duties related to Research and Innovation.
- Prepares the proposed recommendations of establishment or revision of bylaws and/or executive orders and/or operational manuals related to Research and Innovation operations. Prepares Research and Innovation annual budget proposal, Annual Report, and Financial Statement.
- Prepares periodic progress reports of implementation plans, programs, and achievements; and presents them to the CEO.
- Works on improving operational efficiency, quality of services, productivity, and operations to increase performance, and enhance competitiveness in accordance with the approved plans and established polices and bylaws.
- Fosters a culture of safe, quality, integrated clinical practice, research and education throughout the Research and Innovation.
- Takes action to ensure optimal performance in key senior leadership positions within Research and Innovation.
- Implements effective quality control and credentialing programs within Research and Innovation.
- Delegates some authorities to other officials reporting CEO, Research and Innovation when needed, and in accordance with the rules set by the Organization.
- Creates and maintains effective communication channels with Healthcare Delivery and other Organization entities leadership to facilitate the operational and strategic activities of the Organization.
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of innovative research principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Designs and/or creates new techniques, procedures, and practices. Drives and delivers value throughout world class research.
- Participates in training and development initiatives for self and others education, as applicable.
- Follows all Health system’s policies and procedures.