Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible for competently providing safe and effective clinical nutrition & dietetic care to Women and Children. The incumbent assesses nutritional needs, plans, and implements and evaluates therapeutic diets working autonomously with minimal supervision, works in collaboration with other members of the health care team and strives to provide evidence-based care by integrating research with practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Nutrition
- Associate Degree/ Diploma in Clinical Nutrition
Minimum Two (2) Years of experience post qualifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using Standards of Practice, evaluates nutrition status of patients and prescribes, implements, evaluates (initial and ongoing), and documents an appropriate nutritional care plan on a timely manner.
- Able to calculate patients' Nutritional needs and to determine the optimal Nutritional Supplement for both oral & tube feeding.
- Contributes to an inter-disciplinary approach to patient care. Attends ward rounds and team conferences to exchange information related to patient care and discharge planning.
- Educates patients and family members on appropriate diet modification and provides educational materials accordingly.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and clinical research to enhance nutrition care that is safe and effective.
- Provides nutrition education to dietetic interns.
- Conduct in-services on Nutrition up dates or case studies for Nutrition Services Department and other Hospital staff.
- Conducts nutrition education for the community & participates in hospital Quality Day and Awareness days.
- Participates in continuous learning to update knowledge of current developments in clinical nutrition.
- Completes the continuing education requirements, as per Saudi Commission for Health Specialties requirements.
- Develop and/or continuously update educational materials.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.