Clinical Resource Nurse Development Program
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC) Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City (SSMC)
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Responsible to bring up to date on the latest techniques, technology and evidence to be able to provide quality care to patients. It also fosters career advancement and leadership growth for nurses who wish to elevate responsibilities.
Education / Qualification Required:
- BS Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification
- Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Six (6) years of clinical experience post qualification
- Minimum One (1)) year as an academic educator
- Inpatient experience with nursing professional development programs (competency maintenance, department level education, professional role development and collaborative partnership with academic affiliations)
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs consistent, systematic evaluation of clinically based programmes to determine if they meet patient/staff needs and are responsive to department/organizational direction.
- Formulates measurable performance criteria to assess nurses’ levels of competence.
- Provides the clinical expertise essential to support managers with effective problem solving and decision making.
- Promotes and supports a collaborative practice model.
- Maintains accurate records of educational activity and reports as required.
- Facilitate achievement of individual, departmental, and organizational goals.
- Fosters open communication, learning, and professional growth of the nursing staff.
- Collaborates with managers regarding staff development programmes.
- Contributes to effective and efficient utilization of human resources, consumables and equipment.
- Initiates action and reports to the appropriate manager, when staff behavior and/or performance do not meet professional standards.
Management of Clinical Practice
- Identifies educational needs and develops educational programmes accordingly.
- Collaborates with nursing staff and other disciplines in the development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programmes.
- Demonstrates skill in adult education, group dynamics, curriculum development, communication, and teaching strategies.
- Assists nursing staff to integrate new knowledge and skill into their practice and ensures that ongoing competency is maintained.
- Supports an environment that allows staff to acquire skills, identify and develop new ideas that ensures commitment to the organizational goals.
- In liaison with the Nurse Manager, reviews nursing practice and addresses required changes based on best practice guidelines
- Provides specialty specific orientation to relevant staff and participates the organizations orientation programmes as required.
- Sets clear measurable program objectives and evaluates program outcomes
- Provides bedside clinical consultations in area of expertise/specialization.
- Collaborates with nursing staff in identifying patient care concerns and in determining areas that necessitate resolution through staff education.
- Provides opportunities for individual nursing staff development
- Analyzes studies trends in nursing practice and recommends changes or adjustments in existing practice, adapting as required to meet the needs of the patient.
- Leads the implementation of evidence based practice and actively participates in research to promote clinical knowledge and a research based clinical practice environment.
- Support the staff to provide a suitable environment for patient and family learning.
- Engages in health promotion activities in the organization and community
- Responds to all levels of emergencies according to the organizations policies and procedures
- Maintains a strong communication network with the clinical leadership in promoting educational programmes.
- Uses information technology to access, transmit and produce information as necessary
- Maintains confidentiality and security of patient, family, and organization information in accordance with the confidentiality policy
- Facilitates effective communication between the patient, family and the interdisciplinary health care team as required
- Performance Improvement / Risk Management
- Participates in quality improvement activities by assisting with the development, implementation and review of standards, policies, procedures and guidelines, evaluation of indicators and reporting of outcomes and trends.
- Utilize information gained from program evaluation to determine future program directions.
- Supports and participates in ongoing educational and research programmes within the Nursing Department and the organization.
- Supports a culture of performance improvement.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality of nursing care
- Audits compliance with organizational documentation standards.
- Monitors and supports the organizational Key Performance Indicators and Clinical Indicators and reinforces corrective action to improve clinical service.
- Responsible for minimizing exposure to incidents of infection/cross infection of patients, staff, visitors and the general public. Ensures staff adheres to the infection control policies and procedures of the organization
- Complies with International and HA-AD Patient Safety Goals
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams and Performance Improvement Projects for evaluation and improvement of processes and clinical practice.
- Maintains contemporary knowledge of evidence based practice relevant to specialty.
- Participates in activities which enhance own professional growth and development.
- Acts as a professional role model with regards to self-development and self-accountability by projecting the image of a self-directed learner and setting high personal work standards.
- Develops and achieves annual performance criteria/goals in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Maintains and updates a professional portfolio.
- Identifies and utilizes various mechanisms to assist in development of leadership skills.
- Utilizes internal educational resources and external agencies to assist with development of job specific competencies.
- Maintains and updates own professional development through relevant educational activities
- Initiates or participates in Nursing and or other disciplines research that contributes to continual improvement in standards of care.
- Obtains accredited and non-accredited Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Units in compliance with HA-AD and the organization’s requirements.
- This job description is not definitive and following periodic review may be subject to change.
- The Clinical Resource Nurse will also be expected to contribute to the wider corporate and organizational development needs as appropriate within scope of practice.
- The Clinical Resource Nurse will be expected to ensure compliance with the requirement of the Health and Safety regulations of the hospital
- Upholds the organization customer service standards at all times
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.