Community Medicine MD Balsam
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
This experience promotes the professional development of students and the acquisition of competencies that form the CMHS MD program. Working under the supervision of licensed healthcare professionals, students provide a variety of services to patients.
Education / Qualification Required:
A degree in medicine (MD or MBBS)
Additional educational experience (e.g. MBA, MPH) preferred
Board certification in a clinical specialty
Five (5) or more years of healthcare experience as a clinical consultant
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with budget planning
- Participates in recruitment, retention, training and supervision of program personnel
- Identifies essential resources for the program
- Participates in the development and delivery of educational content necessary to prepare medical students for their roles and responsibilities in the program.
- Supports faculty development to ensure that full-time and adjunct faculty are well prepared for their roles as clinician educators.
- Assists in the selection of learning resources for program participants
Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities
- Participates in research and scholarship needed to identify and assess program goals and outcomes
- Develops and delivers papers, posters and abstracts at professional meetings, seminars and conferences
- Pursues activities to raise the university’s and college’s profile
- Contributes to college or university working groups and committees as requested
- Contributes to student recruitment, retention, and assessment
- Fosters service within the community at large
- Supports and participates in student organizations and activities
- Participates in the development and delivery of healthcare services provided by the Balsam Program.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.