Consultant – Pediatric Pulmonology
King Fahad Medical City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Responsible for children with respiratory problems, diagnoses, treats, and manages children with breathing and lung diseases.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
- Sweden: Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
Minimum three (3) years of experience post board certification in country of origin / country of practice
Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing the professional duties of a Sub-specialist in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief of department and approved by the Credentials Committee.
- Performing his/her duties in the outpatient clinic according to CPP of KFMC OPD.
- Providing the needed care to his/her patients in the wards.
- Performing the needed procedures according to the privileging.
- Providing consultation services to the in and outpatient services in his/her area of expertise.
- Having the minimal requirements and knowledge to plan and undergo publications.
- Participating actively in all research activities in his/her division and department.
- Working to have appropriate scientific publications.
- Contributing to local audits to ensure appropriate up-to-date care is delivered and working constructively to improve quality of care, a minimum of 1 audit a year is required for appraisal.
- Participating and contributing to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review.
- Contributing and, where appropriate, taking the lead in the following (e.g.)
- Mortality and morbidity meetings
- Development and application of agreed clinical guidelines
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.