Consultant - Family Medicine
Primary Health Care Corporation
Responds to acute/emergency presentations and acts as a lead clinician (where appropriate) exploring simultaneously multiple complaints and often in a context of uncertainty.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Primary medical degree from a recognized medical school.
- Board certification or equivalent in Family Medicine
- Family Medicine specialized training in a recognised Training scheme
- ALS Certificate
Post post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board Of Family Medicine
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Family Medicine (FRCPS-C)
- UK and Ireland: CCST/CCT Certification in Family Medicine
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP in Family Medicine) or New Zealand College (FRACP Family Medicine)
- Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
- Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years post post qualifications
- Current and clean medical license to practice from Unites States, Canada, Western Europe or Australia
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to acute/emergency presentations and act as a lead clinician (where appropriate) exploring simultaneously multiple complaints and pathologies often in a context of uncertainty
- Carry out comprehensive history including family history, examination and investigation of individual.
- Explore the disease (physical and mental), patient’s personal experience of illness and impact on his/her family
- Interpret results of complex diagnostic tests and investigations and act as a point of contact for providing expert views on investigations and interpretation to colleagues
- Establish accurate diagnosis and act as a reference point for health center doctors regarding diagnosis and clinical decision making.
- Communicate competently and sensitively and establish a patient centered relationship
- Maintain an accurate patient’s health record documenting both patient and family history
- Carry out screening for long term conditions risk factors and early signs of disease particularly for patients with a family history of disease.
- Manage patient conditions through a multidisciplinary approach that is according to patient’s need and ability and lead the MDT when required
- Refer patients when needed, to suitable medical specialist or for specialist diagnostic tests that are beyond the scope of primary care
- Prescribe medication and/or administer treatment/therapy or other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Lead the management of ‘emergencies’ presenting at the health center as per PHCC policies and protocols