Consultant - Neuro Critical Care
King Fahad Medical City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
To provide specialized services for the diagnosis and management of diseases under the scope of care of the related specialty.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
- Sweden: Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Three (3) Years of experience post post-qualifications.
- Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing the professional duties of a specialist in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief of department and approved by the Credentials Committee.
- Performing his/her duties in the outpatient clinic according to CPP of KFMC OPD.
- Providing the needed care to his/her patients in the wards.
- Performing the needed procedures according to the privileging.
- Providing consultation services to the in and out patient services in his/her area of expertise.
- Sharing in the on-call duties as per the duty schedule according the KFMC CPP.
- Supervising the work of the assistant and/or associate consultants, professional development of the junior physicians and interns, and provides his/her evaluation of their work at the request of the Chief of Service.
- Assuring performing medical documentation and charting in a legible and professional way and to supervise the documentation of the rest of the team.
- Working closely with colleagues.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients.
- Working as a member of the team and to share administrative responsibilities.
- Undertaking administrative duties whenever needed associated with the care of patients under the direction of the division head.
- Providing patient and family education according to patient's status and needs.
- Participating in general undergraduate and post-graduate teaching within the KFMC hospitals and Faculty of Medicine.
- Providing a regular teaching for the assistants and junior doctors attached to the unit.
- Supporting the Clinical Nurse Specialist as appropriate and other key non-medical clinical educational support to fellow professionals.
- Participating and contributing to the educational activities in the service e.g. daily morning meetings, weekly grand-rounds, journal club etc.
- Having the minimal requirements and knowledge to plan and undergo publications.
- Participating actively in all research activities in his/her division and department.
- Working to have appropriate scientific publications.
- Contributing to local audits to ensure appropriate up-to-date care is delivered and working constructively to improve the quality of care, a minimum of 1 audit a year is required for appraisal.
- Participating and contributing to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.9. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review).
- Contributing and, where appropriate, taking the lead in the following: (e.g).
a) Mortality and morbidity meetings
b) Development and application of agreed clinical guidelines
- Contributing to the prevention and controlling of infection through standard infection control practices and compliance with the KFMC infection control policies in order to ensure the highest quality of care to patients
- CPD, Continuing Professional Development
- Taking advantage of continuing professional developing events taking place both in and out KFMC
- Developing skills and special interest which will enhance the performance of the Department as a whole
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.