Consultant - Pediatric Surgery
King Fahad Medical City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the treatment of children that may have an illness, injury or disease that requires surgery.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
- Sweden: Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
Minimum three (3) years of experience post board certification in country of origin / country of practice
Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing the professional duties of a sub-specialist in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief of department and approved by the Credentialies Committee.
- Performing his/her duties in the outpatient clinic according to CPP of KFMC OPD.
- Providing the needed care to his/her patients in the wards.
- Performing the needed procedures according to the privileging.
- Providing consultation services to in and out patient services in his/her area of expertise.
- Sharing in the on-call duties as per the duty schedule according to the KFMC CPP.
- Supervising the work of the assistant and/or associate consultants, professional development of the junior physicians and interns, and provides his/her evaluation of their work at the request of the Chief of Service.
- Assuring performing medical documentation and charting in a legible and professional way and to supervise the documentation of the rest of the team.
- Working closely with colleagues.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients.
- Working as a member of the team and to share administrative responsibilities.
- Undertaking administrative duties whenever needed associated with the care of his/her patients under the direction of the division head.
- Providing patient and family education according to patient's status and needs.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.