Consultant - Rehabilitation Medicine
King Fahad Medical City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
· Post-qualification board certification with one of the following:
· USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
· Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
· UK: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
· Germany: Facharzt Specialist Certificate
· Sweden: Swedish Board
· Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College or New Zealand College
· Basic medical degree from recognized institution
· Minimum 3 years of experience as a Consultant in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
· Current and clean medical license to practice in country of origin / country of practice
· Language Skills: Fluent in English – Oral & Written
· Computer Skills: Medium Proficiency in MS Office Package (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
A – Clinical
· 1. Performing the professional duties of a Subspecialist in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief of department and approved by the Credentials Committee.
· 2. Performing his/her duties in the outpatient clinic according to CPP of KFMC OPD.
· 3. Providing the needed care to his/her patients in the wards.
· 4. Performing the needed procedures according to the privileging.
· 5. Providing consultation services to the in and out-patient services in his/her area of expertise.
· 6. Sharing in the on-call duties as per the duty Schedule according to KFMC CPP.
· 7. Supervising the work of the assistant and/or associate consultants, professional development of the junior physicians and interns, and provides his/her evaluation of their work at the request of the chief of Service.
· 8. Assuring performing medical documentation and charting in a legible and professional way and to supervise the documentation of the rest of the team.
· 9. Working closely with colleagues.
· 10.Communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients.
· 11. Working as a member of the team and to share administrative responsibilities.
· 12.Undertaking administrative duties whenever needed associated with the care of his/her patients under the direction of the division head.
· 13. Discussing all the patients admitted under his/her name with the rehabilitation team.
· 14.Responsible for attending the interdisciplinary team meetings for the patients under his/her care and ensuring that the family meetings are conducted as per IPP.
· 15. Responsible for attending all the physicist meetings and other relevant meetings as assigned by the administration.
· 16. Appropriate responsibilities as per Rehabilitation in and out-patients responsibility guidelines document.
· 17. Responsible for Patient/Family/Caregiver education.
D – Clinical Audit
· 1. Contributing to local audits to ensure appropriate up-to-date care is delivered working constructively to improve the quality of care, a minimum of 1 audit a year is required for appraisal.
· 2. Participating and contributing to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review).
· 3. Contributing and, where appropriate, taking the lead in the following [e.g.].
a. Mortality and morbidity meetings.
b. Development and application of agreed clinical guidelines.
E – Infection Control
· 1. Contributing to the prevention and controlling of infection through standard infection control practices and compliance with the KFMC infection control policies in order to ensure the highest quality of care to patients.
F – CPO (Continuing Professional Development)
· 1. Taking advantage of continuing professional developing events taking place both in and out KFMC.
· 2. Developing skills and special interests which will enhance the performance of the Department as a whole.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.