Consultant Chemical Pathology
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah
Madinah , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the provision of medical care in the field of Anatomic Pathology, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital’s policies and procedures.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Certificate (RCPS-C)
- UK and Ireland: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP)
- Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Minimum Three (3) years after board / equivalence certification in USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, New Zealand and France (DES).
- Minimum Five (5) years after board / equivalence certification in Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, Netherlands, Greece and France (DIS).
Valid and in a good standing Medical License in current country of practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses diseases based on gross, microscopic, chemical, immunological and molecular examination of organs and tissues
- Participates in gross and microscopic processing of surgical specimens, in cytological and other related duties necessary for efficient handling and reporting of all examinations
- Provides consultations and interpretations on tests performed by the laboratory
- Evaluates finals reports for accuracy and highlights any abnormalities to the physician
- Provides technical direction, planning and organization to relevant sections of the laboratory
- Trains and assists personnel in the proper implementation and operations of all routine and complex procedures
- Ensures appropriate patients preparation for procedures such as fine needle aspirations and bone marrow biopsy and performs procedures and indicate in the signed clinical privilege form
- Shares on-call schedule as per requirements
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Anatomic Pathology
- Guides and activity participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of Anatomic Pathology following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the department
- Participates in national and international medical conferences
- Participates in clinical and basic and educational research projects in area of specialization in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC
- Undertakes the administrative duties associated with the running of the department
- Participates in departmental meetings and serves on hospital committees, as required
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures
- Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.