Consultant Gynecology Oncology
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah
Madinah , Saudi Arabia
Field of medicine that focuses on treatment for cancers of the ovaries, vagina, uterus, cervix, and vulva. A gynecologic oncologist cares for people who have these conditions, diagnosing their cancers and recommending the best treatment.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Certificate (RCPS-C)
- UK and Ireland: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP)
- Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Minimum Three (3) years after board / equivalence certification in USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, New Zealand and France (DES).
- Minimum Five (5) years after board / equivalence certification in Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, Netherlands, Greece and France (DIS).
Valid and in a good standing Medical License in current country of practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform physical evaluations
- Collect detailed medical histories
- Educate patients and their families on various forms of cancer, possible progression and treatment options.
- Diagnostic techniques that can be employed include staining.
- Tissue sampling procedures and medical imaging.
- After identifying normal cells, benign conditions and malignancies, gynecologic oncologists develop a plan for treatment and therapy.
- Therapy options might include treatment of the related effects of cancer, like shock or renal failure. T
- Incorporate nutritional aspects and blood transfusions into a treatment plan.
- Manage nurses and administrative workers.
- Maintain medical records and refer patients to other medical specialists as necessary.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.