Consultant Interventional Radiology
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Interventional Radiology Medicine, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital’s policies and procedures.
Graduation from an accredited medical school, completion of required period of training in specialty and/or subspecialty, with Arab or American Board certificate, membership and/or fellowship status in the United States and/or Canada or their equivalent.
Seven (7) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal or to exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspecialty.
Current and in a Good Standing Medical License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high quality patient care in all aspects of Interventional Radiology Medicine according to his/her approved clinical privileges.
- Provides consultation (inpatient, outpatient emergency room, other patient areas) upon request and responds in a timely manner within the prescribed timeframe as outlined in the organization policy.
- Responsible for the timely completion, competencies, accuracy and eligibility of the medical report.
- Provides on-call service and ensures availability and response time with the prescribed time within the prescribed timeframe in accordance with hospital policy.
- Conducts daily morning rounds to identify patients ready for discharge. Ensures that discharge orders are within 24 hours prior to discharge.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to Interventional Radiology Medicine, as assigned.
- Provides orientation, bedside and supervision to interns, residents and fellows as assigned.
- Participates in Department’s educational activities and training programs. Partakes in national and international medical conferences.
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge and continuing education requirements.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of the organization.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman.
- Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on departmental and hospital committees and other administrative functions, as required.
- Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the organization.
- Abide by the current hospital and medical bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Follows all Organization’s related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.