Consultant Medical Microbiology
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah
Madinah , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the study of microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi, and some types of parasites
Education / Qualification Required:
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Certificate (RCPS-C)
- UK and Ireland: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP)
- Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Minimum Three (3) years after board / equivalence certification in USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, New Zealand and France (DES).
- Minimum Five (5) years after board / equivalence certification in Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, Netherlands, Greece and France (DIS).
Valid and in a good standing Medical License in current country of practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing the professional duties of a sub-specialist in accordance with the delineation of the scope of care and privileges as recommended by the Chief of department and approved by the Credentialing Committee.
- Performing his / her duties in the outpatient clinic according to CPP of KFMC OPD.
- Providing the needed care to his/her patients in the wards.
- Performing the needed procedures according to the privileging.
- Providing consultation services to the in and out patient services in his/her area of expertise.
- Sharing in the on-call duties as per the duty schedule according to the KFMC CPP.
- Supervising the work of the assistant and/or associate consultants, professional development of the junior physicians and interns, and provides his/ her evaluation of their work at the request of the Chief of Service.
- Assuring performing medical documentation and charting in eligible and professional way and to supervise the documentation of the rest of the team.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with colleagues and patients.
- Working as a member of the team and to share administrative responsibilities.
- Undertaking administrative duties whenever needed associated with the care of his/her patients under the direction of the division head.
- Providing patient and family education according to patient's status and needs.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.