King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Madinah
Madinah , Saudi Arabia
Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Neonatal Intensive Care, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Education / Qualification Required:
Post qualifications from one of the following locations:
- USA: The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Certificate (RCPS-C)
- UK and Ireland: GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Australia and New Zealand: Fellowship from the Royal College (FRACP)
- Western Europe: Equivalent certification to the above
Basic medical degree from recognized institution
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
- Minimum Three (3) years after board / equivalence certification in USA, Canada, Ireland, UK, Australia, New Zealand and France (DES).
- Minimum Five (5) years after board / equivalence certification in Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, Netherlands, Greece and France (DIS).
Valid and in a good standing Medical License in current country of practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides required patient care and management in the field of Neonatal Intensive Care in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Provides Neonatal Intensive Care care to patients with medical and surgical conditions.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
- Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures surgery and performs procedures surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on- call schedule as per requirements.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
- Directs and advises junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant, Consultants and junior staff.
- Keeps abreast with all the latest techniques and developments, especially in field of Neonatal Intensive Care, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
- Actively participates in the educational activities and training programs of the Institute.
- Participates in national and international medical conferences.
- Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge.
- Improve the quality of post-graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
- Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Director of the Institute.
- Participates in all mandatory institute activities and serves on institute and hospital committees, as required.
- Assists the institute in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the institute and across the hospital.
- Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
- Performs any other related duties, as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.