King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Coordinates daily activities, ensures that quality of dental care is provided to all patients referred to the
department of Dentistry, and Manages patient referrals and ensures treatment is completed in a timely manner
Education / Qualification Required:
Bachelor's or Associate Degree/Diploma in Dental Assistance is required
- 2 years of related experience with bachelor's of 4 years with associate degree/Diploma is required
- Current registration from US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that medical charts are available and distributed to appropriate clinics.
- Liaises with referring physicians regarding scheduling and admission of all inpatient general anesthesia
- patients, and ensures all surgical clearance patients are treated as planned.
- Assumes the coordination between dentists, Operation Room (OR) level II and IV, referring physicians, and admission offices regarding scheduling and admission of all inpatient general anesthesia patients.
- Reviews patient medical records for eligibility, health status, sequence of treatment, appointment length and designated dentist. Places appointment orders in Power Chart. Documents in R4 all the orders placed
- Coordinates appointments for patients requiring multiple, sequential, and/or combined appointments
- within Dental Clinic (DC). Assists in managing and tracking the daily referral of new patients to the DC.
- Treats walk-in pain patients, assesses patient dental needs. Schedules patients in on-call clinics and/or
- in place of no-show appointments by maintaining the waiting list.
- Coordinates the care for orthographic surgery cases thru liaison with OMFS and orthodontics.
- Schedules all add-on appointments in ICIS bar for same day and next day. Notifies dentist and/or dental assistant of changes. Receives patient acceptance referrals and schedules as needed. Receives and
- documents eligibility acceptance papers. Notifies supervisor of scheduling discrepancies. Assists with
- resolution of scheduling problems.
- Coordinates the sequential care for dental implant and rare dental disorder patients.
- Maintains listing of Head & Neck oncology patients referred to the department of Dentistry and ensures
- all patients receive regular follow up appointments.
- Liaises with Cleft Lip & Palate (CLP) nursing coordinator and program director to ensure appropriate
- dental treatment is available for CLP patients.
- Contributes in providing feedback to the department of Dentistry management with regards to availability and utilization of DC resources.
- Performs chair side dental assisting duties as required. Participates in Hospital wide performance
- Participates in on-call roster, as required.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other education, training, and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.