Disaster Clinical Specialist
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center - Riyadh
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Coordinates and integrates in all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against,prepare for,respond to, and recover from internal and/or external disasters. Provides disaster preparedness training, develops,implements, administers, evaluates, and maintains the Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and other related documents for the Hospital.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Health Services, Emergency/Disaster Management, or other related discipline is required.
- Emergency/Disaster Management, or related certifications such as Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) or Associate Emergency Manager (AEM), are preferred.
- Six (6) years of experience in the field of Emergency/Disaster Management with Master's, or eight (8) years with Bachelor's Degree is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the implementation, administration, maintenance and evaluation of the Organization's EOP, and other related Disaster Plans.
- Coordinates, reviews, and edits departmental disaster Sub-Plans prior to adoption. Ensures departmental Sub-Plans are cohesive and compatible with EOP.
- Oversees the organization and management of a comprehensive Disaster Preparedness Training Program
- Provides After Actions Reports (AAR) on drills, exercises and/or actual disaster events to improve quality and identify gaps within the program.
- Collaborates with the Hospital Safety Committee (HSC) and other related sub-committees to identify opportunities for improvement, related to disaster preparedness and to recommend solutions and strategies for quality improvement.
- Oversees the Hospital Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) response team, equipment inventory and supplies. Reviews and updates decontamination equipment with Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) and provides feedback to Manager, Ambulance Services - DEM and HSC as needed.
- Ensures that appropriate emergency response supplies are stockpiled for drills, exercises and/or disaster events.
- Conducts regular reviews of disaster communication systems and identifies opportunities for improvement. Provides training to the necessary staff of the use of such systems; as needed.
- Produces and presents an annual report on the emergency preparedness status of the Hospital to the HSC and the Hospital Executive Committee as requested.
- Follows all Hospital related Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self and other's education, training and development as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.