Responsible for performs ECG Procedures on all inpatients and outpatients. Assists in patient preparation for ambulatory and stress ECG studies
Education / Qualification Required:
- Completion of 2 year certificate or diploma program in Medical Sciences or allied health with evidence of formal ECG training
- Minimum Two (2) NLT years of experience as an ECG Technician.
- More than 6 months training certificate in ECG program if he/she has diploma/degree other than ECG qualification.
- Current and in a Good Standing License to practice in country of residence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing recordings of electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Monitoring electrocardiogram for abnormal patterns.
- Notifying physicians of critical ECG results
- Keying information into machine or marks tracing to indicate positions of chest electrodes
- Replenishing supply of paper and ink in machine and reports malfunctions
- Editing and forwarding final test results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation
- Assessing and ordering appropriate materials – equipment following discussion with
- To demonstrate and teach the safe use of materials/equipment in an appropriate manner to clients and/or carers within the limits of competency
- Intervening whenever possible in the fixing and mending of defected equipment and devices
- Monitoring, and supervising all ECG equipment within the department, flagging any maintenance requirements or breakdowns to senior staff
- Holter and ambulatory BP monitoring- preparation of patients for 24 hour tapes with complete instruction for patients usage.
- Assist physicians with stress/ treadmill studies.
- Help prepare patient for cardiac stress studies and is responsible for patient safety during the stress study
Quality & Safety
- Ensuring that contemporaneous, written and electronic records, and activity data are maintained in accordance with professional and facility standards
- Maintaining the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
- Maintaining compliance with all safety regulation in manipulating equipment
- Ensuring the correct use, maintenance and safe storage of all of production & quality related documentation applicable to area of responsibility
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating processes related to performing ECG studies in order to identify and correct problems, improve systems, processes, and ensure a safe quality services.