Responsible to assist the Doctor by monitoring the equipment and performing important diagnostic tests. Sometimes called Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist
Education / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET)
Experience Post Qualifications:
Minimum (2) two years post graduate experience
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country of practice
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in diagnosing patient’s medical conditions of the brain, such as diseases, epilepsy and tumors.
- Operating an EEG machine that records brain waves.
- Obtain the patient’s head measurements.
- Prepare the patient’s head for the attachment of electrodes
- Record the patient’s brain activity
- Observe the findings and generate written reports.
- Administrative and clerical duties, such as billing, maintaining patient files and patient transportation.
- Do additional duties, such as cleaning the EEG equipment and maintaining medical supplies.