Executive Director - Clinical Operations
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
This position is responsible for providing overall leadership for major clinical service functions within Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD) and ensuring that all clinical services are delivered in the most cost-effective, highest quality manner and consistent with short and long-term strategic goals of CCAD. This position will serve as a key senior leader for 14 Clinical Institutes at CCAD.
The Executive Director of Clinical Operations (SDCO) will also be charged with identifying creative solutions and best practices to achieve efficient and effective practice operations including clinical quality, patient access/throughput, patient satisfaction, and financial performance. The person must be comfortable operating in an extremely fluid environment that requires independent judgment in maintaining effective relationships with a variety of clinical and non-clinical constituents, including physicians at all levels of the organization.
Education / Qualification Required
- Master’s degree in Health Care or Medical Administration or Public Health, or related field, is required
Experience Post Post-Qualifications
- Minimum of eight (8) years of health care experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage clinical operations in ambulatory, acute care and perioperative settings.
- Previous experience as a Director, or above, is preferred
- Strong leadership abilities and a demonstrated track record of success leading providers in a complex health care environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a clinical transformation initiative in a team-centric environment
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in Arabic is preferred
- Health care industry experience is required
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the execution of CCAD clinical operating roles and responsibilities modeled after Cleveland Clinic. Develops detailed operational and financial plans to execute CCAD clinical strategies.
- Standardize operations across all of the 14 Institutes/Departments; Optimize performance of Clinical Services (dashboards & performance management); effectively develops processes, workflows, and systems to measure and track performance. Develops the structure, function, responsibilities and membership of Clinical Committees
- Plans and organizes all functional work groups in a way that provides high efficiency and quality to both internal and external customers
- Plans long-term projects that enhance accessibility, cost effectiveness and quality of patient services and support CCAD growth goals
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all medical staff committees ( Ambulatory, Inpatient & Surgical/Procedural)
- Serves as a member of the Medical Executive Committee, Operational Council and other CCAD committees as requested
- Manages Institute/Department Administrators; Recruits, hires, trains Institute/Department Administrators in partnership with HR
- Manages Clinical Operations Analysts; Recruits, hires, trains Clinical Operations Analyst in partnership with HR.
- Develop interdisciplinary annual performance review process for Institute/Department Administrators; Organize leadership development activities and succession plans for non-physician Institute/Department staff to act as a steward in the design and implementation of organizational processes and practices that promotes the direction and strategy for recruitment and retention of physicians to support the mission of CCAD.
- Working with leadership, clinical and administrative staff, the Senior Director provides well-managed processes with clear lines of responsibility and accountability within and between departments and administration. The Senior Director will promote favorable customer relationships and coordinates service related issues of the medical staff.
- Directs the development of short and long-range objectives, budgets and recruitment plans for CCAD. This position oversees operations, application and implementation of established policies and acts as a liaison with medical staff, departments, for effective recruitment and retention of medical staff.
- The incumbent presents to the leadership periodic reports reflecting the operations, long and short term plans, professional services, and financial activities for The Office of Physician Staff Affairs and other special reports as necessary.
- This position ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing health care delivery and with all appropriate accrediting inspecting agencies (i.e. JCAHO) by continually monitoring the operation of services and programs, and initiating changes as necessary.
- Physician Ombudsman; address and listen to concerns about physician rights as part of the medical staff. Serve as a non-partisan steward that allows staffs too lodge complaints against another member of the medical staff team. Provide and guide information regarding the complaint process. Provide and guide on advice and resolution to any complaints.