Faculty Advisor Falcon Learning Communities
Reporting to the Assistant Dean, Falcon Learning Communities, the Faculty Advisor contributes to the administrative leadership, policy development, and implementation of programs and services that support medical education and student success through a model of learning communities.
Education / Qualification Required:
- Master’s Degree or higher in a science, education, or healthcare-related discipline
- M.D. or PhD in a science, education, or healthcare-related discipline
- Record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research, and/or administration
- Minim three (3) years of prior experience working in a medical school or healthcare environment
- Familiarity with a learning community model
- Teaching, leadership, mentoring, and presentation skills
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the formulation of the CMHS’s strategic goals in the areas of medical education and medical student support through the establishment and operation of the Falcon Learning Communities (FLC)
- Contribute to the development and management of the FLC budget
- Provide academic and professional guidance and support to students
Leadership for developing and maintaining CMHS educational programs:
- Supports CMHS accreditation processes and its program of continuous quality improvement
Supports CMHS educational programs by participating in the design and implementation of programs and services offered thru the Falcon Learning Communities; working with others to foster a climate of academic excellence, collaboration, and interdisciplinary initiatives.
Ensures that medical student programs and services conform to laws, regulations, and policies of the United Arab Emirates
Falcon Learning Communities
- Participates in the design, implementation, and management of FLC programs and services, including but not limited to professional and career development, health and wellness, leadership development, service learning, clinical skills, and academic success.
- Provides oversight and support to the Assistant Dean, faculty, and medical student leaders within the FLCs
Directs evaluation of FLCs to ensure they are meeting program goals
- Oversees scheduling and assigning FLC faculty and students for activities and events
- Works with the Assistant Dean and students to promote and support educational research activities within the FLC’s
- Oversees other activities and events as directed by the Assistant Dean
- Participates in the design and implementation of CMHS activities and events including but not limited to, Freshman Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, and Commencement.
- Develops and integrates effective communication strategies to promote faculty, staff, and student engagement in the FLCs
- Works with the CMHS Leadership and Khalifa University’s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
- Supports and mentors office faculty, staff and students who participate in research
Administrative & People Management
- Manages FLC coordinators (direct reports) by defining job expectations; plans, monitors, and appraises staff performance; coaches, counsels and actively participates in the departmental employees’ on-boarding, mentoring and professional development.
- Assists in scheduling and assigning FLC staff workload
- Other duties as assigned