Faculty Anatomy and Cellular Biology
Khalifa University Khalifa University
Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
Essential to this role is the desire of the successful applicant to train a new generation of medical specialist, as well as contribute to world-class research that improves practice while delivering a service to the university, the community and the United Arab Emirates
Basic Medical degree or PhD from an accredited institution
A minimum of 6 years’ experience AND experience in teaching at a level that is relevant to the position and would have made contributions to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching. Can demonstrate some level of administrative skills of a team.
- The position calls for a specialist in areas of Anatomy and Cellular Biology to develop course outlines in their respective disciplines. Specific duties of the successful applicant will include:
- Prepare teaching material including course outline, syllabus and lesson plans. Revise the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject.
- Teach at the graduate and undergraduate level in subject areas related to biomedical sciences on time schedules allocated by the Line Manager.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Provide students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses.
- Engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses.
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and provides remedial classes when necessary.
- Set and mark exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity.
- Use up-to-date instructional technology and ensure the delivery is clear and consistent.
- Participate in professional peer reviews.
- Supervise teaching internships.
- Develop and improve their scholarly competence and effectiveness as teachers within their area of expertise.
- Teach at undergraduate level as required.
Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities:
- Carry out research and produces publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the review process.
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities in their area of expertise and makes results available for critical peer review.
- Deliver papers at professional association meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in panels at regional and international meetings of professional organizations.
- Identify and successfully bid for external funding and grants.
- Actively raise the College's and Faculty’s profile, internally and externally.
- Participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Collaborate with colleagues, both within and outside the University, in conducting and managing research and consultancy activities.
- Supervise students’ research and practical work and of their theses preparation, as well as participate in evaluation of their theses.
- Academic Service:
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity.
- Support and participate in student organization activities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below. As per our agreement with hospitals we recruit for, we can only work with candidates who obtained their qualifications and experience from: US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia & New Zealand.